Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please send me a contact as well.
My wife is so on board that she told me this weekend to just go and get the regular Performance model.
Any other time I would have probably jumped on the opportunity to get something while still claiming the ability to say "but you said to just go get it", however, logical thinking prevailed. I want the acceleration of the Performance model, but I really really do not want 20" tires, and every time I go to replace them I will want them even less.
So here I am looking at the Tesla website existing inventory and debating how much longer I am going to hold out or just buy a LR AWD.
If I were to buy the LR AWD model and the stealth model show up at Tesla a couple weeks later I would have the biggest case of buyers remorse.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
Buy the performance and sell the OEM 20's.
Most just get some aftermarket wheels. Check T sportline 19" wheel option.
May cost you a little out of pocket after you sell your 20's. If you want the most money dont put any miles on the oem set up and sell complete. Should be able to get 2-2500$

Ill DM you a contact however there are currently no cars avail nor being produced at the moment.

Well, I hope they'll start making them again knowing they are getting 2k more out of me for some already developed software....

I cant be upsold for the full performance since I have less than 0 interest in 20 inch rims, being lowered, or having extra expensive brakes. Those things actively lower the value of the car to me personally.

Reactions: Otocolobus
that’s unfortunate. but! there’s hope. there’s not much inventory left in general. the average new inventory left in the NA market comes down to 1.9 Model 3s per state. i got a feeling there’s another round of inventory coming real soon and hopefully another batch of M3P- with it.

I am hoping for the same thing, have an LR AWD on order with delivery scheduled for 10/26. Original delivery was scheduled for this week and I pushed it out as much as I can to get financing lined up but also hoping a new batch of M3P- cars show up in the meantime so I can switch orders before taking delivery. I passed an M3P- reservation to a friend back in July because my trade-in at the time didn't work out and was so bummed about it...

Buy the performance and sell the OEM 20's.
Most just get some aftermarket wheels. Check T sportline 19" wheel option.
May cost you a little out of pocket after you sell your 20's. If you want the most money dont put any miles on the oem set up and sell complete. Should be able to get 2-2500$

Selling the 20s" are difficult. The non-P Teslas can't use the 20" without a suspension upgrade so the market is limited. I have a P3D- with 18s" and wanted to upgrade to 20" but it was going to be too costly not including the wheels and tires.

Selling the 20s" are difficult. The non-P Teslas can't use the 20" without a suspension upgrade so the market is limited. I have a P3D- with 18s" and wanted to upgrade to 20" but it was going to be too costly not including the wheels and tires.
This is false, any Model 3 can use the P wheels.
The P cannot use the standard 18 or 19 inch wheels.

As a former P3D+ owner, I did not know the OEM 20s don't fit non-Ps; what is the issue? I know the P+ wheels need to have the inner lip machined to fit over the strange flange of the P+ rotor. Is this why it doesn't work the other way around, that extra machined area allows for play?

As a former P3D+ owner, I did not know the OEM 20s don't fit non-Ps; what is the issue? I know the P+ wheels need to have the inner lip machined to fit over the strange flange of the P+ rotor. Is this why it doesn't work the other way around, that extra machined area allows for play?

They will fit but Tesla won't install them without upgrading the suspension.

The hub on the P+ is different due to the 2 piece rotor.
The oem 20s fit on any model 3, its the other way around that the factory 18 or 19 do not fit on the P due to the caliper size and the hub ring.

• Informative
Like Schreoder was saying there isn't any I'm thinking they will be available end of quarter but that's a big MAYB . No one knows what tesla does but if you can wait then just wait and hope. If you want to get a car now that's your call. Me and Schroeder both have contacts who are very good in selling to forum members so just pm one of us and we can at least give you a contact who will reach out when one comes avaialble.. I hope this helps with you questions. I cant publicly write my Agents name as Tesla got mad at her lol. So through PM I can point to you the right direction..

Reactions: Schroeder0202
Also guys, these cars are not customizable as in you cant ask for a certain color to be built.. They are made then sold. So whatever is available is what you get unless you want to pay for shipping for the color combo you want is available someplace else.. I think out of the I help sell here 4 people got the color they wanted as it was local.. well local enough. I hope this helps. I dont want false hope and want everyone informed to make a logical decision for their specific situation.

I'll do a summary later on when I get to work as I have done in the past

Last edited: