Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was going to post earlier that Manhasset LI store had 2 MSM/Black P3d-, because my Delivery guy unatche me from one an matched me to the other, but when I went to pick mine up, they were already in the middle of delivering the other one.
LOL

Issues with mine:
NO Performance badge (red underline)
3" Hairline scratch dead center on front bumper
harline scratches on rear passenger door
Paint Imperfections that were clearcoated over on 4 panels and front bumper
Acid etchings
1 Inch scratch through paint on Passenger rocker panel
.5 inch ding on lip of rear hatch
Driver's side door chrome trim gap waay closer than passenger (between doors)
Ill fitting trunk gasket.
Piano black center console door scratches.
Scuff marks on Front passenger headlight
Charge door sticks out more than the other side ( i read that this will be denied because it is within spec)
Passenger door handle alignment sticks out a bit more than the others.
Frunk alignment is uneven left to right (probably "within SPEC")

I spent an hour going through the car before actually getting the in car training for my wife.

I brought my car home and my friend brought his over. He told me he didn't even bother to go over the car when he took delivery (His was white so it hides imperfections in paint really well)

Should I let Tesla try and fix the paint issues or just take it to a detailer/their authorized body shop?
I read that sometimes they make things worse.
Badge no problem. They’ll get it to you. That’s not unusual.

Scratches and etching you should have detailer buff out. That’s common for all cars.

Re flaws under clearcoat, you’ve got to decide severity. If minor (just a fleck or small pimple) I’d suggest live with it. See what your detailer thinks. If any are severe, make sure you know and vet body shop Tesla uses.

Re panels... most all you mentioned, particularly doors, is adjustable. Ask Tesla nicely and engage service manager in discussion, not just delivery person. If you come across as one of these caliper toting gap nutcases, I don’t think they’ll help much. I wouldn’t. Regardless, anyone with a wrench and some knowledge can tweak door and trunk gaps.

Fingers crossed for some PNW unicorn dust to show up this coming week

Picked up a Red/Black Stealth in the Seattle area on Saturday. Arrived to the store the previous Thursday.

If you are wanting one, then get a sales advisor. Be friendly with them. Without the help of mine I'd probably still be waiting for a basic LR AWD. She notified me just as it popped in their system and 10 minutes later after a phone call the car was assigned to me.

Reactions: mswlogo and Phlier
Picked up a Red/Black Stealth in the Seattle area on Saturday. Arrived to the store the previous Thursday.

If you are wanting one, then get a sales advisor. Be friendly with them. Without the help of mine I'd probably still be waiting for a basic LR AWD. She notified me just as it popped in their system and 10 minutes later after a phone call the car was assigned to me.

Do you mind sharing the build date or first 3 vin digits?

Last edited:

18s or 19s? Also how many miles are on the car?

Walking around the Dedham, MA lot today I counted 2 black and 2 MSM stealths on Aeros
I believe there was a black on 19’s as well

Plus the showroom has a blue one as their 3 model
Funny I walked in and said to the “salesperson” this is one of the stealth performance 3’s
She gave me a blank stare ; I said it had the red underline but is on 18’s
She still seem confused and went back to ignoring me

Get those electrons flowing, man! :)

I go out and drive mine just to drive mine. ;)

I'm doing way more errands than I ever did on the weekdays. Grocery shopping? Lets do it now! Take recycling of all these boxes from the Model 3 Accessories I'm ordering? Lets do it now instead of waiting for the pickup! Want to go eat at some place 50 miles away? Lets go!

My driving habits went from "minimize road time and traffic" to "lets just go". I'm curious how long this will last for me.

I'm doing way more errands than I ever did on the weekdays. Grocery shopping? Lets do it now! Take recycling of all these boxes from the Model 3 Accessories I'm ordering? Lets do it now instead of waiting for the pickup! Want to go eat at some place 50 miles away? Lets go!

My driving habits went from "minimize road time and traffic" to "lets just go". I'm curious how long this will last for me.
I have had a few Tesla on loan to me while doing paint work on them and I have felt the same way. The idea of running to Portland from Seattle seems like nothing but a speed bump

That’s exactly how I am since last 9 months !