Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact the AWD were previously built with #980 rear units and now are being delivered with #990 rear units seems to imply there is a difference between those parts and makes the likelihood of Tesla offering performance software future upgrade for a fee to current AWD less likely ; though again no one knows this for certain.

As time goes on, it's becoming crystal clear that everything is just like Tesla (Musk) said it was:

While early AWD and P3D's all had the same part number, all of the Performance versions tested high enough to be Performance models. Tesla will not flash an AWD to Performance unless their database shows it tested to Performance standards.

To believe otherwise would be to believe that EVERY early AWD tested good enough to be performance and now they are making a less capable drive unit than they delivered originally. Don't get me wrong, there are some people who will never admit they were wrong, ever, no matter what, even if there was incontrovertible proof (withness the people who believe the earth is flat or Apollo missions faked the moon landing).

These people STILL believe Musk lied when he said they tested the drive units and only the best ones would become Performance models. There is no changing their mind.o_O

Reactions: MP3Mike and PACEMD
Is the AWD much slower? Be honest. Of course it’s “fast” compared to 99% of cars out there but how does it compare to a P3D-

We have a LR RWD and a Performance. Both are fast. Even the LR RWD blows away passengers with its speed. And the AWD is faster so, yeah, no worries. When I drive my wife's RWD I really don't miss the extra power (much) even though I use it all the time in my P3D.

Of course, it's still eye-opening for my wife every time she goes somewhere with me in my P3D.

Hey would you mind checking which motor you have in the back?

This is pretty solid proof that this car could have been delivered as a standard dual motor had you not purchased it as a performance.

My service advisor who I was working with to fix a few gap alignment issues basically told me off the record that the dual motor vs stealth thing as far as he knew was just a toggle they could switch do with any dual motor at delivery. Just like how they can drive your car around the service center without keys, they have root access to the car.

my car is in the shop for ppf/tint. will post info once I get it back...thx!

I'm considering buying a M3. I've always been a sports car guy, and the M3P is hard to turn down. I'm that much more likely to pull the trigger if I could snap the less expensive M3P-. Can anyone recommend a sales advisor who could connect me to a M3P- in the Charlotte NC area?

I'm considering buying a M3. I've always been a sports car guy, and the M3P is hard to turn down. I'm that much more likely to pull the trigger if I could snap the less expensive M3P-. Can anyone recommend a sales advisor who could connect me to a M3P- in the Charlotte NC area?
Good luck :) If u need more help with an agent let me know. Everyone loves their stealths lol