Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I texted and emailed my SA asking him if he had seen any yet, no response for 2 days. He also hasn’t been very helpful or responsive to other questions either. How do I get someone else to help instead of them just referring me back to him? Seattle, WA area if that matters.

Is it normal to have a delivery date but no VIN?

I got a text Friday and set my deliver for 11th of Nov.
Yes, don't worry. I didn't have a VIN until 1 hour before delivery. Thankfully the bank loan and with insurance online I got it sorted quickly.

These Stealth cars are in super high demand so don't panic if things seem out of sorts, as long as you have a competent SA and/or OA you'll be fine. I almost had mine reassigned to someone half the country away while I was driving to my delivery.

Hopefully some more come to Canada, too.

My salesman here in PA emailed me Sat AM about a random delivery of stealths to our local store. In PA, the state rebate applies to cars up to $50K - and a white stealth they had came in a $50,490. I told him I was ready to do it if we could take the $490 off to qualify, but he didn't even consider it. Such a shame, that would have been perfect.

Called my SA to check on my M3P, and to see if there were stealths in the system. There is one white on black stealth with 19” wheels available in Dedham, MA. I ended up passing on it because the increased price of FSD and the 19” wheels doesn’t make the savings worth it to me.

I have been tracking Tesla Car prices for a while and wonder when the Model 3 P- got a price increase from $49,990 to $50,490? For now, I assumed 10/17/2019 for the below graph. See data and references at the following link.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (7).png

Note, in 2018 the Performance package initially was a $5,000 optional extra and became standard for the P trim on 10/26/2018. To not clutter the graph further, I have combined the current P- stealth and 2018 P-.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh
I thought it was AWD that got the $500 price bump and that just carried over to the P- since it's just an AWD with the P unlock added for a fixed price.

The Model 3 AWD on 11/01/19 did get a $500 price bump. Reference: Tesla increases range and price of the Model 3 Long Range.

The Model 3 P- was found available on 07/18/2019 for $49,990. Reference: Tesla now offers Model 3 Performance for less than $50,000 by unbundling features. I noticed forum members posting $50,490 as their P- base price.

Here's an example for you from another buyer.

View attachment 472823

Current inventory avail. Wont last long

All colors avail.
All are spec'd with 18 aero wheels and black interior

Send me your info
Name and phone number and I will have my inside rep contact you.

Have your credit card ready. No tire kickers. These will sell out fast.
Msrp is starting at $51490 for white.
Plus dest etc

Current inventory avail. Wont last long

All colors avail.
All are spec'd with 18 aero wheels and black interior

Send me your info
Name and phone number and I will have my inside rep contact you.

Have your credit card ready. No tire kickers. These will sell out fast.
Msrp is starting at $51490 for white.
Plus dest etc

do i have to already have a delivery date to have one assigned to me? Do I need to have my financing situation sorted out also? I have an AWD LR white int/black int with 18” aero wheels ordered but no delivered date yet.