Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We visited the Devon PA store this Saturday, test drove a 3 LR and left with a Stealth, in white, though with 19s not 18s. There were none in white & 18s in the area, but they had several more in blue & red with 18s.... though many had been reserved at that point.

We went from test drive / no reservation to leaving with a white Stealth in ~4hrs time, charged to 305miles of range.
Congrats you’ll love it

I can’t believe all the conspiracy theories here from Jul. No way these were “factory errors” with wrong inverter nor “software only”.

Also limited run lol. Seems thousands are out there. Got my stealth in Jul. Kinda pissed and should have waited where during mid-Sep as stealths could be had with free $1500 19” wheels and exterior color.

These even surprise the sales guys. They only know the time they see it in the system. No way to predict.

Anyone with a stealth seeing the increases 322 mile range? I’m still on v9 and the update hasn’t been pushed to my vehicle. Debating whether to switch to a LR since insurance is a good bit less and I’m giving up some range potentially.

Yes- I’m definitely seeing improved mileage and performance with the 36.2.1 software upgrade even with the colder weather. I think tires and driving style determine mileage more than the model.

Obviously different states / insurance companies have different pricing but at least in NJ Prudential went by VIN # (same class?) and the Stealth, AWD, and Performance were all based on actual sale price.
You might want to check insurance costs in your particular state/company.

Yes- I’m definitely seeing improved mileage and performance with the 36.2.1 software upgrade even with the colder weather. I think tires and driving style determine mileage more than the model.

Obviously different states / insurance companies have different pricing but at least in NJ Prudential went by VIN # (same class?) and the Stealth, AWD, and Performance were all based on actual sale price.
You might want to check insurance costs in your particular state/company.

Thats good to know. Thanks. I can swallow the increased insurance cost, just would be tough to know I wasn't able to get the same 322 that the LR AWD has.

For those who have driven both LR and PSD-, is there a noticeable difference in acceleration between the two even as the battery drops to to 40-60 percent? I LOVE how crazy fast the PSD- is, but was wondering if it's noticeably faster than the LR since I couldn't test drive one.

Thats good to know. Thanks. I can swallow the increased insurance cost, just would be tough to know I wasn't able to get the same 322 that the LR AWD has.

For those who have driven both LR and PSD-, is there a noticeable difference in acceleration between the two even as the battery drops to to 40-60 percent? I LOVE how crazy fast the PSD- is, but was wondering if it's noticeably faster than the LR since I couldn't test drive one.

yes on faster. Also agree range depends on driving style. But if you use the “ faster” you won’t get the range of course.

For $2000, I recommend don’t overthink it. If you can get one in a color combo you like, get it!

I like this plan! Yea, the only difference then it seems is insurance cost which honestly is worth the exhilaration of the stealth acceleration. It seals the deal for me knowing that if I want to drive responsibly I can have the same range as the LR, with the option of having a very very fun time :)

I like this plan! Yea, the only difference then it seems is insurance cost which honestly is worth the exhilaration of the stealth acceleration. It seals the deal for me knowing that if I want to drive responsibly I can have the same range as the LR, with the option of having a very very fun time :)
It really didn't up my insurance too much. maybe a couple hundred annually, but nothing alarming.

i did a test drive back to back with a performance and a LR AWD and the performance acceleration was definitely noticeably quicker. Pretty much the main reason I went with the performance initially then switched to stealth once one became available. If I had never test drove the performance I would’ve thought the LR AWD was incredibly fast, and just went with that but Once you drive a performance you’re hooked and gotta have it — at least for me.

However I should note that the performance was almost fully charged and the LR AWD was at about 20% which definitely may have made a difference but oh well I am happy

i did a test drive back to back with a performance and a LR AWD and the performance acceleration was definitely noticeably quicker. Pretty much the main reason I went with the performance initially then switched to stealth once one became available. If I had never test drove the performance I would’ve thought the LR AWD was incredibly fast, and just went with that but Once you drive a performance you’re hooked and gotta have it — at least for me.

However I should note that the performance was almost fully charged and the LR AWD was at about 20% which definitely may have made a difference but oh well I am happy
1 second faster from an incredibly fast low 4s car is huge and cannot be overstated. Now, here's the thing, you can always go faster, it's a question of where you stop. If accelerating super fast is of particular interest to you (seems like a cool party trick), the P is the quickest 3. I had both and kept the non-P (not for performance reasons, one car wasn't driven and was just collecting dust, and the P was a + with the 20s shod in summer-only tires which can't be driven in <45F temps unless I got a separate set of all seasons, so the P+ got the boot). Truth be told, I got used to how fast the P was and ultimately it didn't feel that fast anymore and, yep, I wanted more. Now that we only have the 3D LR non-P, I kinda readjusted up and it sort of feels as fast as the P felt. I know, and remember, how much faster the P was, but again, you can always go faster, and for the time being there's no particular, or practical, need to go any faster than the non-P. As a comparison, I testdrove a 2015 BMW 335i yesterday, a car with 300 bhp, and it felt miserably slow.

Edit: now, for $2k more, it's a no brainer. If you have no plans on tracking the car, the BBK on the + is useless and limits your choice of aftermarket wheels. This is why I'm kinda sorta looking to get a -. If only I could find a white on white.

Yeah at that point you’re starting to get away from ‘stealth’ because it’s a premium interior that costs more. I know I haven’t seen any with the white interior. Anyone every heard of this?
The July 2019 cars had some with white interiors and I think the stealth nomenclature comes more from it being more difficult to discern that it’s a performance model rather than finishes.