Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Wider Tires on Stock Ubers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 255/35-20 PS4Ss installed last weekend (thanks to nail shortening the life of my Pirellis). WOW, Couldn't be happier! The turn in isn't as crisp, but once in the corner they load up with nice feel and grip like crazy.

PROS

Better comfort over small, sharp bumps (coilovers smother larger bumps with either tire)
Better grip
Better looks, by a mile!
Fill fender better
Give more ground clearance with my MPPs set to recommended height (1/4" taller sidewall). Can fit floor jack under the car now without 2x6s
Cheaper than OEM
Dead on accurate speedo (via GPS)
No complaints from Traction or Stability control
A bit more rim protection
CONS

Taller sidewall makes quick back and forth transitions feel somewhat laggy

CONCLUSION
WORTH IT!!

PS Running 5mm spacers all around with no rubbing. Just need a bit more for the rear (15-20mm)

IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg
IMG_2328.jpg

Looks good, are you on stock suspension? Looks perfect. Did you need the spacers so you wouldn’t rub?
im on stock wheels and suspension and would love this look.
Nope. MPP Sport coilovers at recommended ride height. I have about 1 finger gap above the tire. The spacers were only for looks (I already had them). I've heard no issues with others running the 4S without spacers, but didn't try.
You can tell it's lowered from the second image. If the wheels were spaced out more you'd see it easier.

Nope. MPP Sport coilovers at recommended ride height. I have about 1 finger gap above the tire. The spacers were only for looks (I already had them). I've heard no issues with others running the 4S without spacers, but didn't try.
You can tell it's lowered from the second image. If the wheels were spaced out more you'd see it easier.
I have a steep driveway so I’m reluctant to lower. I currently scrape my ikon lip on stock suspension going in and coming out. I have to figure out another solution.

looks great though!