Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Wipers Activate/Move Upon Opening Driver Door (*after windshield replaced by Tesla)

Keysh2oboy

Mar 9, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Hello all.

Got my 2020 M3P windshield replaced Thursday by Tesla. Large crack caused by a rock on I540.

FYI: this is my 3rd Tesla starting with my Model S in 2013. My S and my X had their windshields replaced too when I owned them. I am a rock magnet it seems….

Drove my M3 today for the first time since picking it up Friday.

Every time I open the driver door, the wipers ‘jerk’ or ‘activate’. They do not do a full wipe. Just ‘jump’ about 1/4 in.

It’s noticeable Noise-wise, too. The first time it did it, the click from jumping was loud enough to make me think my windshield cracked again. Rather loud pop. I had no idea what that noise was.

But shortly afterwards I figured it out. It was the noise coming from my wipers moving every time I open my driver door.

I sent a message to our service center.

Anyone ever heard of this? A search didn’t reveal previous threads.

Certainly didn‘t have this prior to windshield replacement.

Thanks!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC