Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy to say that the performance software was uploaded to my M3P- today and all is enabled, including track mode. Thanks to all for your input.

Just want to reiterate that the tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S). I wasn’t aware that M3P- had these. I was expecting the MXM4 tyres, so pleasantly surprised.

Do all M3P- come with the PS4 tyres?

Finally brought mine home yesterday. Black is much nicer in person on this car than in photos and I’m actually happy I got stuck with it. Last one in Canada apparently, at least until they make more. The white interior, well you just have to see it in person. Unreal! Felt noticeably cooler in direct sun on my drive home, too.

No ugly surprises with delivery, everything worked, car was charged for my drive home and what a bliss autopilot was in traffic. It was rushed but they were delivering a lot of cars yesterday, I’m familiar with it and had kids to juggle anyway so I didn’t mind. No real problems with the car, only figment issue I have is with my c-pillar interior pieces but it’s minor and I’m not sure if worth it to have the car poked around with.

My oldest daughter was infatuated with fart mode and I haven’t even shown her the arcade Easter egg because she’d never leave the car.

Car was delivered with 28.2 and already waiting to update to 28.3. I don’t know anything about this part of the experience so I’ll be reading up.

Excited to begin ownership.

Black is a phenomenal color when it's clean. When it's not... it's... not great. But it is, objectively - the "truest" color. Whether at night, during the day, overcast, sunny etc - it's always black black. No other current color is as "true" in all conditions.

(Here's the unpopular part, sorry guys!)

e.g.:

1.) The blue can look blurple a lot of the time.
2.) The red can look almost wine red at times, and Ferrari red at others. It changes a lot.
3.) The midnight silver is light blue in some lights - wifey calls it dolphin grey (which is why we didn't get it - we want a REAL STEEL grey).
4.) The white takes on a sparkly-old-person-driving-a-Cadillac color. Other times it's just a regular white - light dependent.

Anyway, black will drive you nuts - swirlies everywhere, no matter how much you baby it - one even remotely light rain and it's filthy etc.

But, it's definitely black. Always.

• Disagree
Reactions: anti and Raechris
Black is a phenomenal color when it's clean. When it's not... it's... not great. But it is, objectively - the "truest" color. Whether at night, during the day, overcast, sunny etc - it's always black black. No other current color is as "true" in all conditions.

e.g.:

2.) The red can look almost wine red at times, and Ferrari red at others. It changes a lot.
3.) The midnight silver is light blue in some lights - wifey calls it dolphin grey (which is why we didn't get it - we want a REAL STEEL grey).
4.) The white takes on a sparkly-old-person-driving-a-Cadillac color. Other times it's just a regular white - light dependent.

Anyway, black will drive you nuts - swirlies everywhere, no matter how much you baby it - one even remotely light rain and it's filthy etc.

Nailed it right there haha. I also love the contrast with the white interior, pretty cool. Thrilled so far with the drive, I love that I get the best of both; limitless acceleration whenever need like for passing and great range when going easy on it. Can’t stop driving!

e.g.:

Too bad y’all missed the silver.

Reactions: MagnusMako
Very happy to say that the performance software was uploaded to my M3P- today and all is enabled, including track mode. Thanks to all for your input.

Just want to reiterate that the tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S). I wasn’t aware that M3P- had these. I was expecting the MXM4 tyres, so pleasantly surprised.

Do all M3P- come with the PS4 tyres?

@rontheman would you mind taking a pic of your rear motor and sharing on this thread?

At the Owings Mills, MD delivery center for service. The following stealth models are here:

Blue with black interior with 19" (in the sales showroom)
Black with black interior with 18"
Black with black interior with 18" - though there is a note on the car indicating it is unsellable due to lack of Moroney
There's also a MSM but that one was in the delivery section, so I assume that's been sold.

Reactions: byeLT4 and dnstommy
If anyone is on the fence about this trim, don’t make the mistake I did and take a test drive.

8AF69530-757F-4FA1-A070-25252BB81E95.jpeg

I picked up a MSM P3D- last Saturday and the built date is July 12, 2019. In almost perfect condition and enjoying the drive. I have the 19" wheels with Continentals and not the 18 inch aero wheels. This is my 4th electric car since 2012 and the absolute best.

Attachments

• IMG_7989.jpeg
    IMG_7989.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7986.jpeg
    IMG_7986.jpeg
    657.8 KB · Views: 85