Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local sales guy and sales center don't seem too enthusiastic to sell cars. They weren't so engaged when I first walked in to check out the cars. I placed an order online, meanwhile website shows tons of inventory of cars matching my spec, and they didn't follow up to "match" me with the cars.

2 weeks later I saw one priced even better than my custom order, so I placed a 2nd deposit on it (my 1st order did not show VIN/production), and emailed the sales guy to tell him I want to pay it in cash, and take delivery the following week...

... no response to that. No financing, no anything required. Im ready to buy and apparently the car (and other cars) are available. But noones selling :)

My local sales guy and sales center don't seem too enthusiastic to sell cars. They weren't so engaged when I first walked in to check out the cars. I placed an order online, meanwhile website shows tons of inventory of cars matching my spec, and they didn't follow up to "match" me with the cars.

2 weeks later I saw one priced even better than my custom order, so I placed a 2nd deposit on it (my 1st order did not show VIN/production), and emailed the sales guy to tell him I want to pay it in cash, and take delivery the following week...

... no response to that. No financing, no anything required. Im ready to buy and apparently the car (and other cars) are available. But noones selling :)
Number 1....they're very busy with a lot of other issues with other customers...not saying that you arent important....I believe they are stretched thin.
Number 2....I'm sure they get emails and calls and test drives from a whole bunch of Joe Shmo's every day. Go look someone in the eye and tell them you want to buy NOW!
Number 3....its better to know exactly what you want...so the process can be simplified for you...once YOU know what you want let them tell you what they have that comes close in their "inventory".
Good Luck and welcome to Tesla Life! You're gonna love it !!

Number 1....they're very busy with a lot of other issues with other customers...not saying that you arent important....I believe they are stretched thin.
Number 2....I'm sure they get emails and calls and test drives from a whole bunch of Joe Shmo's every day. Go look someone in the eye and tell them you want to buy NOW!
Number 3....its better to know exactly what you want...so the process can be simplified for you...once YOU know what you want let them tell you what they have that comes close in their "inventory".
Good Luck and welcome to Tesla Life! You're gonna love it !!

1 - i thought their post-sales service is stretched, because they're focusing on new sales..... presumably that means ready-to-buy customers

2 - it was mid-day and showroom was empty. i get some people prefer the lack of salesmanship (i do, too), but there needs to be a nuanced 'read' of the customer on their side

3 - i put it in writing very clearly what i wanted. and what i wanted was extremely simple, given the minimal potential configuration of teslas -- give me any exterior color except black and a spare set of winters....... what was clear is that that wasnt matched to apparent public inventory, and even more clearly, they didnt jump on my 2ndarily ordering a SPECIFIC vehicle that exists in the metal

I ordered last Friday 9/20 and picked up my new P3- yesterday on 9/25. White / black with 19” wheels. Word of caution - free supercharging will take several weeks to process post-sale, until it does we have to pay and they will not refund. I called yesterday.

I am very happy so far! This cheetah can move, it hits you hard then knocks you over.

I ordered last Friday 9/20 and picked up my new P3- yesterday on 9/25. White / black with 19” wheels. Word of caution - free supercharging will take several weeks to process post-sale, until it does we have to pay and they will not refund. I called yesterday.

I am very happy so far! This cheetah can move, it hits you hard then knocks you over.
Your avatar is awesome. That's me every time I drive it. :D

Reactions: BM3B

Re: Free Supercharging.
If when you purchased you used a referral code it will instantly put the 2K free miles on your account (shows in on your phone app)
If you also qualify for 2 years supercharging, which I was also told takes a week or 2 to be processed it will just override the 2K free miles but you don't ever have to pay this way.

1 - i thought their post-sales service is stretched, because they're focusing on new sales..... presumably that means ready-to-buy customers

2 - it was mid-day and showroom was empty. i get some people prefer the lack of salesmanship (i do, too), but there needs to be a nuanced 'read' of the customer on their side

3 - i put it in writing very clearly what i wanted. and what i wanted was extremely simple, given the minimal potential configuration of teslas -- give me any exterior color except black and a spare set of winters....... what was clear is that that wasnt matched to apparent public inventory, and even more clearly, they didn't jump on my 2ndarily ordering a SPECIFIC vehicle that exists in the metal

Since you are in Europe I am not sure how much different the process is.
I do know in the US, cars will show as in inventory at an actual location once the car is made and destined for that location.

So could mean the car is on the lot or could mean it is at least a week away and was just getting loaded on a truck and still sitting in Fremont, CA.
My local Boston center claims they almost always have the popular color configurations sold before the cars actually arrive at the location.
There rarely have actual cars for sale on the lot other than a couple of demo or showroom models that I am not positive if they desire to sell until end of each quarter.

Only pointing out that even being an "inventory" car it could be a couple of weeks from down payment to pickup. Now if the car is physically sitting on the lot, that is different but no way to know that online.

Here the sales staff do not seem the top of the profession as well. Telsa almost closed all of their sales offices earlier this year in the US so I imagine anyone with options jumped ship at that point. Also, since when you first give your email / meet a OA you are assigned to them. I don't get the how can I help you vibe from other OA's that are not assigned to you which again is a company training issue.
They definitely were trained to not be the typical pushy, how can I close this deal today car sales person but their approach is usually a little too hands off as a result.

• Informative
Reactions: holmgang
Promotions are by order date. Not delivery date.

Do you work for tesla to dispute the article below?

"Tesla has authorized its sales staff to offer two years of free Supercharging for new Model 3 orders that get delivered by the end of the month, which coincides with the end of the quarter. Furthermore, they are also authorizing sales staff to waive the fees of up to two features to match orders with inventory vehicles, which can result in important discounts."

Upgrades before end of quarter

Reactions: MP3Mike

3 - i put it in writing very clearly what i wanted. and what i wanted was extremely simple, given the minimal potential configuration of teslas -- give me any exterior color except black and a spare set of winters....... what was clear is that that wasnt matched to apparent public inventory, and even more clearly, they didnt jump on my 2ndarily ordering a SPECIFIC vehicle that exists in the metal

Had the same experience at my tesla store.... middle of the day, zero people in the store except the two tesla employees and both were quick to dismiss my questions but one was definitely more helpful than the other. Some sales people are over the top in trying to get you to buy this and that... but this experience was not even neutral, they seemed uninterested in a sale. My personal explanation is that this end of quarter push has left tesla stretched too thin and the staff is overworked.

The stealths are worth it. Kenny hooked me up and I ended up getting the incentives. My personal/local SA tried to sell me a stealth for 2k more and without incentives. Saved 3.5k w/ kenny. If you're on the fence about the car, get it.... with or without the 'free' upgrades.

Reactions: MagnusMako
I think the quest for stealths died down since the incentives went away.. I wonder if they going to permanently not put it for order.. My agent said there's like 5 in socal that still haven't sold for a few days which comes tell me something..
And in few months when / if these r gone u will see ppl lamenting that they did not “pull the trigger” on these

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Do you work for tesla to dispute the article below?

"Tesla has authorized its sales staff to offer two years of free Supercharging for new Model 3 orders that get delivered by the end of the month, which coincides with the end of the quarter. Furthermore, they are also authorizing sales staff to waive the fees of up to two features to match orders with inventory vehicles, which can result in important discounts."

Upgrades before end of quarter
First time I’m aware that they’ve tied to delivery, though if you read carefully, article says the incentives are there to get buyers to take delivery of inventory cars. So, if you want incentives, you’ve got to take what’s available. Now.

No, I dont work for Tesla, why did you say that? Implies that if someone worked for Tesla, they’d be unaware of or lie about Tesla incentives. What are you getting at?