Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3SR+ (build 15 Jun'19) mapped to SR (220 miles range) and came with HW2.5

Any one end up in same boat?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. M3SR+ build and delivered during mid Jun'19 but came with HW2.5
We intentionally waited till end of May'19 for placing the order (with unexpected $400 increase in price) so that will get HW3, but only realized it when my car didn't recognize traffic cones after the latest updates.
Prior/while placing the order, during and after delivery(tech support) mentioned its HW3 but its not.
Tesla service center at Sunnyvale CA confirmed its HW2.5, had conversation with their sales manager and they asked me to take 2nd opinion. Service center at Santa Clara CA also confirmed the same.

2. More over SR+ range was mapped to 220 miles not 240 starting from day 1.
After over the air updates range got increased to around 6 miles (226 in total) and its in line with M3SR range not SR+ at any given time.

Appreciate any inputs about what we can do to or whom we can reach out to mitigate range, HW?

Thanks
Malla

Well, I th
Agree but we should get what we supposed to get.
Even our very own legend Elon Musk tweeted saying that all Model 3 variants will get HW3 after 4/12, but its not true.
I think what he said was that HW3 was "going into production". A car that does not have FSD does not need HW3. HW 2.5 will do basic autopilot the same as HW3 does. If/when you purchase FSD, you will get the FSD computer.

My guess is as production of HW3 was ramping up, they prioritized it for cars ordered with FSD (as it's far less likely to be added later) until they were able to meet full production needs.

I get also if someone has no pan on getting FSD, not sure what the fuss is about as 2.5 is very capable of nearly everything that HW3 can do. Obviously HW3 can render frames per second more and for visualation / proccessing purposes its the way to go but - i think its honestly not a big deal.