Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3SR+ LFP lowering springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to get some lowering springs for my late 2021 M3SR+ with the LFP battery. To my understanding I need to get a set of springs specific to the M3 with the LFP battery due to the more weight it adds to the car. Anyone have any insight on this? Only looking for a mild lower, nothing crazy. Thanks!

I've read that lowering M3 increases its range by 7% which means a M3 LR + 19" sport wheels should get an extra 23 miles or so range. Has anyone found this to be true?
I’m about to get lowering springs installed to test this very thing. I did a baseline efficiency test in stock form with aero wheels. I went back and forth a parkway with little traffic at 56 mph for about 40 miles and averaged 186 wh/mi. I’ll test again after lowering.

I’m looking to get some lowering springs for my late 2021 M3SR+ with the LFP battery. To my understanding I need to get a set of springs specific to the M3 with the LFP battery due to the more weight it adds to the car. Anyone have any insight on this? Only looking for a mild lower, nothing crazy. Thanks!
RWD spring should work. A couple of options:

Ok so I just lowered my M3 SR+ with the LFP battery. Pretty simple process. Only issue I'm seeing is the front isn't as low as the back. Maybe off by a half inch. I guess ill just have to get used to it until they actually make springs for the lfp M3's. Car rides great though. These are the .75" (MILD) springs from tsportline.

Ok so I just lowered my M3 SR+ with the LFP battery. Pretty simple process. Only issue I'm seeing is the front isn't as low as the back. Maybe off by a half inch. I guess ill just have to get used to it until they actually make springs for the lfp M3's. Car rides great though. These are the .75" (MILD) springs from tsportline.
Can you share a pic? I'd love to see how it looks. Also thinking about getting these for my 21 LFP M3.

I am curious if the manufacturer or performance suspension experts would recommend upgrading the shocks and/or struts when adding lowering springs? I had to upgrade my shocks and struts when adding lowering springs to my BMW Coupe, due to the possible decrease in reliability/longevity of the stock shocks and struts. I would like to add lowering springs to my Tesla, but would it be prudent to spend the extra $$$ on a coil over kit, like the ones offered on Mountain Pass' website, for instance?

I am curious if the manufacturer or performance suspension experts would recommend upgrading the shocks and/or struts when adding lowering springs? I had to upgrade my shocks and struts when adding lowering springs to my BMW Coupe, due to the possible decrease in reliability/longevity of the stock shocks and struts. I would like to add lowering springs to my Tesla, but would it be prudent to spend the extra $$$ on a coil over kit, like the ones offered on Mountain Pass' website, for instance?
The subject has been literally beaten to death in various threads. Almost everybody who's done both believes that coilovers are the better choice again if you can afford them. The biggest problem with the stock suspension aside from the premature recruitment of bump stops are the shocks. Tesla has done a lot of tuning on both the model 3 and model y to try to get shock valving and spring rates aligned with better ride. The mountain pass kits on the other hand allow you to have both better ride and better handling or if you firm them up a bit somewhat better ride and way better handling. We have two model threes one with the comforter adjustable kit and the other with a sport adjustable kit. My wife's car has a very supple almost liquid ride mine is significantly firmer but both cars ride better than stock. Both cars also handle and turn in way better than stock. The beauty of the MPP adjustable kits is that you can set them up to be anywhere from slightly softer than stock to firm enough to track the car.

Can you share a pic? I'd love to see how it looks. Also thinking about getting these for my 21 LFP M3.
Sorry for the late response. Here is a pic of the springs installed. I plan on cutting my front inch by inch until they even out. It’ll be a pain but needs to be done, to much of a difference.
72CE4900-CEBA-4891-A851-1CAE01121171.jpeg