Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3SR+ TOTAL BATTERY CAPACITY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Pick up my model 3 SR+ in March 2020. Had some general questions which I found difficult to find the answers was hoping to get some help.

1. When I at a SOC of 90% the estimated miles that it shows is 222 mi (which I am assuming is based on the EPA targeted range of 250 wh/mi AKA 24-25 kWh/100 mi). So therefore extrapolating this data this would mean at 100% and if I were to drive at an efficiency of 250 Wh/mi it would be at an estimate 246 mi at a full charge? Is this the right way of thinking this?

2. What is the true total battery capacity of the M3SR+? (I've read forums that say 62 kWh, 50 kWh, 55kWh but nothing consistent). I want to know this number so I can best under stand the battery percentage since I find the battery estimate via miles is not accurate.
- I did my own calculation but not sure if I am correctly calculating this,
- if the true mileage at 100% is calculated to be 246 mi (based on the 250 Wh/mi) then this would mean the total capacity is 61.5 kWh? is this the right way at looking at it?

3. In the odometer section for "since last charge", what does the kWh and Wh/mi take into account when calculated? Does this take into account phantom drain, A/C use, heater use or is this purely based on the miles driven and then how much battery was used related to those miles on how aggressive you were driving?

The reason I ask these question is that I am just trying to calculate essentially what does each percent decrease in charge equate to in kWh.

Thanks for the help.

My DLR from 100%-2% im lucky if i have 62kw.

Really depends how often you floor it and the weather.

The colder it is the more resistance as well as the lower the battery the more energy it will consume flooring it at a lower level of capacity.

Hi,

Pick up my model 3 SR+ in March 2020. Had some general questions which I found difficult to find the answers was hoping to get some help.

1. When I at a SOC of 90% the estimated miles that it shows is 222 mi (which I am assuming is based on the EPA targeted range of 250 wh/mi AKA 24-25 kWh/100 mi). So therefore extrapolating this data this would mean at 100% and if I were to drive at an efficiency of 250 Wh/mi it would be at an estimate 246 mi at a full charge? Is this the right way of thinking this?

2. What is the true total battery capacity of the M3SR+? (I've read forums that say 62 kWh, 50 kWh, 55kWh but nothing consistent). I want to know this number so I can best under stand the battery percentage since I find the battery estimate via miles is not accurate.
- I did my own calculation but not sure if I am correctly calculating this,
- if the true mileage at 100% is calculated to be 246 mi (based on the 250 Wh/mi) then this would mean the total capacity is 61.5 kWh? is this the right way at looking at it?

3. In the odometer section for "since last charge", what does the kWh and Wh/mi take into account when calculated? Does this take into account phantom drain, A/C use, heater use or is this purely based on the miles driven and then how much battery was used related to those miles on how aggressive you were driving?

The reason I ask these question is that I am just trying to calculate essentially what does each percent decrease in charge equate to in kWh.

Thanks for the help.

I had the exact same question as a new M3, SR+ owner myself and posted and hoping to get answers form experienced Tesla owners here

Seems like everyone has a different answer haha. Is there no standard total capacity for the M3SR+?

Another question:
The “5 kWh” does this take into account ALL energy used since last charge that includes phantom drain, A/C, heated seats?

Attachments

• DD93AAA4-E5B0-4577-B8DE-F48DC4B3470D.jpeg
    DD93AAA4-E5B0-4577-B8DE-F48DC4B3470D.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 119