Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MA DEP taking comments on state's ZEV-MOU Policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

3mp_kwh

Feb 13, 2013
Boston
Re: Comments on 310 CMR 7.40: THE MASSACHUSETTS LOW EMISSION VEHICLE PROGRAM

MA DEP has put up proposed regs to bring in our contribution to the multi-state memorandum of understanding (MOU), for EV/PHEV adoption. Comments are welcome, and here are a couple links for people to help people considering putting together a note of encouragement, for our DEP. Comments are due by Friday.

Here is an article in the BBJ that discusses the issue:

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/b...01&u=nhiEks/uBYSQ+eU1NGHMf6w5rLp&t=1448976617

I have a pdf, describing DEP's efforts which I can't open (maybe try MA.gov DEP). Sorry. It looks like much of the ZEV-MOU effort is timing a push around Paris, if you google-news it. Personally, more $$ education, and less environment, is something I think could use more emphasis. The environmental side relates to our climate goals, and the fact that only about 13mm tons of annual MA CO2 are from electricity, vs. the other ~75mm tons coming mostly from our heating and transportation fuel use. You can express support to the MA DEP for taking this issue and moving it forward.

Be polite, and perhaps brief. You can address comments to:

Commissioner Martin Suuberg
Massachusetts DEP

PM me, if you want email addresses, beyond properly addressing the comments. This was largely a forward, and like other comments, these may need to be in writing, addressed to DEP. Perhaps someone can help out, here?

Thanks!