Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MA Hotels OUTSIDE of Boston that have EV charging? Any in Maine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Plugshare there are a few in Portsmouth, NH, mostly at Nissan dealers, one in the parking garage in downtown Portsmouth, in Kennebeck, ME, one shows up at the "Kennebeck Inn", but it might just be a 120V outlet. If you have "Plugshare" put in the zipcode of the destination to see.. There are also many places in downtown Boston on the way up.

On Plugshare there are a few in Portsmouth, NH, mostly at Nissan dealers, one in the parking garage in downtown Portsmouth, in Kennebeck, ME, one shows up at the "Kennebeck Inn", but it might just be a 120V outlet. If you have "Plugshare" put in the zipcode of the destination to see.. There are also many places in downtown Boston on the way up.

I drove from Bedford NH to Portsmouth NH last night. First long trip in the car. I was checking out the Hanover St. garage since I saw there was a EV charging station there. Someone was using it so I wasn't able to (didn't see what was charging). Later I saw a Grey MS in the area. Was anyone charging there?

I charged at the Porstmouth garage on July 4th, its a shame there is only 1.
The Prudential Center garage in Boston has chargers and there are a few nearby hotels (Sheraton, Hilton)

Hotel Indigo in Newton but that's not on your path.

Auburn, MA shows 3 (99 restaurant + Nissan dealer) and Worcester shows a bunch, might be worth overlaying a hotel search with the Chargepoint search results.

Indigo would have been on my path actually, but I ended up staying at Element Lexington in Lexington MA just off of 95. They have a Chargepoint station here, works great. Hotel is mainly just a nice place to sleep, not much to do right around here, but its quite nice and Eco oriented and they save nice parking spots for the EV charger and for hybrids, so I recommend it.

I spoke to someone who said that when they first opened they had a couple of Roadsters for people to use as a promotional thing. And I'm not sure, but it seems like the charger is not charging my credit card like most chargepoints, which makes me wonder if they're also giving the electricity away for free. In any case it worked great for me.

- - - Updated - - -

About the Nissan dealers - do all those dealers listed really have charging stations? And how much of a hassle is it to talk them into letting a Model S use it? I just kind of avoid Nissans when I'm making my maps. (Of course the fact that it charges relatively slowly, at least for just a pit stop mid trip, is part of it. It needs to be either a supercharger, or a hotel with a charger, or it does me little good. Except in an emergency I suppose.)

Indigo would have been on my path actually, but I ended up staying at Element Lexington in Lexington MA just off of 95. They have a Chargepoint station here, works great. Hotel is mainly just a nice place to sleep, not much to do right around here, but its quite nice and Eco oriented and they save nice parking spots for the EV charger and for hybrids, so I recommend it.

I spoke to someone who said that when they first opened they had a couple of Roadsters for people to use as a promotional thing. And I'm not sure, but it seems like the charger is not charging my credit card like most chargepoints, which makes me wonder if they're also giving the electricity away for free. In any case it worked great for me.

- - - Updated - - -

About the Nissan dealers - do all those dealers listed really have charging stations? And how much of a hassle is it to talk them into letting a Model S use it? I just kind of avoid Nissans when I'm making my maps. (Of course the fact that it charges relatively slowly, at least for just a pit stop mid trip, is part of it. It needs to be either a supercharger, or a hotel with a charger, or it does me little good. Except in an emergency I suppose.)

Glad it worked out!

The only time I charged at a Nissan dealer was co-incidentally was in Maine. I arrived at 11pm and was out at 10am the next day.
Never saw anyone - although I wanted to thank them in the morning there was no one there on a Sunday!