TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

MA Plug In Day - Martha's Vineyard and Plymouth - and Hanscom Energy Fair Oct 9

Discussion in 'New England' started by PeterK, Sep 23, 2013.

1. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Jan 17, 2013
    Cambridge, MA
    I emailed Steve Russell from MA DOER about the lack of Plug In Day events in MA and here is his response, which he agreed for me to share here. I edited his email address below to avoid spam bots.

Too bad about Fenway - that would be cool! Maybe next year...

I won't be able to make the Hanscom Energy Fair but perhaps someone else could offer the Base Commander a ride.

Hi Peter
    Thanks for your interest.
    It is very difficult to find a good location in Boston for a ride and drive.
    I had approached the Red Sox to do an event on Sunday the 29[SUP]th[/SUP] and unfortunately the Phantom gourmet food festival at Fenway is that Day. ( they were very interested)
    There are two events in Ma – one on Martha’s Vineyard at Conig’s market on the 28[SUP]th[/SUP] and then in Plymouth on Sunday in the afternoon.

I will work harder for next year to find a site in Boston for Plug in day.

There is the Hanscom energy fair at on October 9[SUP]th[/SUP]. If you are interested in being part of that event I am sure the base commander would love a ride in your car to get to the event. Then we could let folks see the vehicle.
    Let me know if you schedule allows and I will send you more details

Stephen B.Russell, Alternative Transportation Program Coordinator/Mass. Clean Cities
    MA Department of Energy Resources
    100 Cambridge Street, Suite 1020, Boston MA 02114

617-626-7325 Fax: 617-727-0030 cell 617 797- 5224

Clean Cities web:

"Creating a Greener Energy Future for the Commonwealth"

Follow DOER on Twitter:
    Follow DOER Assistance for Business at
    Visit the Energy Smarts blog:

2. snooprob

snooprob Member

Jan 7, 2013