Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MA to NC - Quarantine restrictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I hope this is a right place to post this. I live in NC and I am purchasing a Tesla from Boston area from a private seller. My plan is to fly there and drive back. I will be there is Boston for less than 2 hours.

1. Does anyone know if 14 day quarantine for NC folks(one of the states with rising numbers) is applicable after landing in MA even if I stay there for a couple of hours
2. While driving back, I will pass a bunch if states including NY NJ PA VA etc. what are the quarantine restrictions in each of these states if I am passing through

I am reading everywhere but didn’t get any concrete answers. Mailing the check and shipping the car is not working out because my bank insists on putting buyer and seller name on the check and some banks require both parties to be present(Wells and BofA for example).

Thanks in advance.

Lol. Please elaborate. No clue what that means. I have a newborn at home and cannot get stranded in other states for days. So I need to know for sure
I don’t know what to tell you then. Decide what level of risk is acceptable for you.

In case you missed your high school civics class, free movement between states cannot be inhibited. No matter what anyone on the news programs tell you. It’s all posturing.

I don’t know what to tell you then. Decide what level of risk is acceptable for you.

In case you missed your high school civics class, free movement between states cannot be inhibited. No matter what anyone on the news programs tell you. It’s all posturing.
I might have skipped the class when they talked about pandemic.. nothing is normal now so let’s not talk about rules pertaining to normalcy.

and my question primarily was geared towards BOS airport. Are they enforcing anything at the airport?

You should not have a problem, as you are taking delivery of a vehicle. The quarantines are designed to protect the state. If you are staying in a state you would have to quarantine. Since you are leaving after delivery, that would be like a transportation worker, ie, truck driver or pilot.
Any such documentation? I would love if this is true. It would be ideal

I live in Massachusetts. Info is here: Travel information related to COVID-19

Quarantining is self-enforced currently. Since you are picking up and leaving right away, there really is no need to self-quarantine. Massachusetts does have mask rules, however. The rules are basically this: You must wear a mask indoors and out, unless you can social distance at 6 feet. If you make stops on your way out of state, put a mask on or you are likely to be asked to leave whatever premises you are on. We have a high level of compliance with the mask rules and so far, our numbers are down. These same rules will likely apply in CT as you drive home and likely in NY and NJ as well.

Reactions: X-pilot
I might have skipped the class when they talked about pandemic.. nothing is normal now so let’s not talk about rules pertaining to normalcy.

and my question primarily was geared towards BOS airport. Are they enforcing anything at the airport?
I would say you missed the entire class if you believe the pandemic has had any impact on freedom to travel.

Again, I will ask you, who would be enforcing this? The mayor? The police? The TSA?

If you need to be told what to do then listen to your overlords and stay home. Picking up a car isn’t worth risking your safety.

• Love
Reactions: X-pilot
I live in Massachusetts. Info is here: Travel information related to COVID-19

Quarantining is self-enforced currently. Since you are picking up and leaving right away, there really is no need to self-quarantine. Massachusetts does have mask rules, however. The rules are basically this: You must wear a mask indoors and out, unless you can social distance at 6 feet. If you make stops on your way out of state, put a mask on or you are likely to be asked to leave whatever premises you are on. We have a high level of compliance with the mask rules and so far, our numbers are down. These same rules will likely apply in CT as you drive home and likely in NY and NJ as well.

Thank you!!

In the next 4 months millions of people will be traveling south for the winter Canadians and people from the northeast will travel to Florida to stay for 6 months. and points south That could spread the virus once again. How would you ensure these people self quarantine for a certain amount of time before they venture out

Hi gyus, have a little bit similar question, I am buying my good frieds tesla MS 2018, as he diceded to move to Japan, becouse of his work, and the car is in a great conditions, but the only problem is that the car is in CA. It's a little bit far away from me (GA) so I'ld like to ship it, though I am warring about two things, is there any problems with shipping electro cars and is there any trobles with covid.
By the way if you know some nice guys who have enclosed trailers and trusted enough recommend me them.
Thanks for all you advice, I'll be really thankfull for any solid advice

I shipped car a month ago and there were no problem with covid, just use mask and gloves when contact with a driver and wash car after it will be delivered, I think it's more than enough. About shipping tesla there are the same process as when you ship some gas car, just be sure that car is chargered before the pickup and everything will be ok, and as you asked about company recomendations, check some tops of car shipping like this one, than get several quotes (don't provid tham your phone number) and then choose you like or trust the most.
Good luck with your car shipping and have a lot of fun with your tesla:)

Hi gyus, have a little bit similar question, I am buying my good frieds tesla MS 2018, as he diceded to move to Japan, becouse of his work, and the car is in a great conditions, but the only problem is that the car is in CA. It's a little bit far away from me (GA) so I'ld like to ship it, though I am warring about two things, is there any problems with shipping electro cars and is there any trobles with covid.
By the way if you know some nice guys who have enclosed trailers and trusted enough recommend me them.
Thanks for all you advice, I'll be really thankfull for any solid advice
Any auto transport company can handle shipping an electric car. Nothing special about it.

If you’re worried about COVID, a trailer is not going to help you.

Shipping vehicles is pretty straightforward, though not necessarily inexpensive. I shipped a Nissan LEAF from OH to NC, since it only goes about 35 miles on a 100% charge; it went on a car carrier just like any other car. I shipped a 1964 Ford Thunderbird the same route but in an enclosed carrier just for the extra protection of this old ‘Bird. Lots more expensive but still easily arranged and done. I know some MI-based snowbirds who spend ½-year in FL and have their two cars shipped down and back with each transition. They then fly the trip themselves by renting a plane (she’s a private pilot).

I have shipped several cars in the past. Try uship.com. Check reviews and go with the insured one. Ask the seller to take a video before shipping along with the shipping company driver and get the verbal confirmation that everything checks out on the video.