Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have spent a lot of time working on the new Tapp, and hope that is evident in the latest release.

Since I now have developer signing, I have included a conventional .dmg disk to install Tapp.app. I've tried to make the best possible user experience, and feel that the app could be complete with only a few more updates. There are many features of the application currently, and many which will be added in the near future. I welcome any constructive criticism as it helps direct the app through it's versions.

To list a few features:
  • Location tracking with precise address tracking and a power level graph
  • Smart updates (Data requests every 30 seconds or to verify that a button actually did change the state of the vehicle)
  • Logout which will delete all of the user's data relating to the vehicle
  • Secure credential storage in Apple's Keychain

If you encounter any issues or have a suggestion, please get into contact with me via any method below.
Screenshots:

WYOL664.png

OdyThac.png

gBZOzNS.png

If you like the app, and think it's worthwhile, I have my PayPal and my Patreon links in the About Tapp menu of the application, as well as on the GitHub page.

Any generosity is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for creating this! Looks good so far but I did notice there was no metric/imperial selection for temperature. The temperature is reading 22 °F in my vehicle. I believe this correct but in celsius? Strong work so far, I look forward to updates in the future.

Looks good so far man, I think the Fahrenheit - even though it shows the "F" - is in Celsius for US members. Mine shows 13F and it's 55F which 13C would be about right, easy conversion for me to do just something to mention! Good job so far, feel free to private message me if you want, I figured commenting on here can be used if someone searches for an answer later on

Looks good so far man, I think the Fahrenheit - even though it shows the "F" - is in Celsius for US members. Mine shows 13F and it's 55F which 13C would be about right, easy conversion for me to do just something to mention! Good job so far, feel free to private message me if you want, I figured commenting on here can be used if someone searches for an answer later on

Thanks for your input! I've released 2.0.1 which will fix the temperature error and the shift indicator on the main screen.

Update Here

I assume the roadster uses the same API; therefore the application would interact the same with the roadster. I do not have a roadster to try the app with, so I have no way of knowing for sure. However, I could be wrong in my assumption, and in that case, the app wouldn't work too well with the Roadster(I).

Oh, no. No online presence from Roadster. It has a GSM radio in it - I don't know if that still works even - and used to phone home with problems but that's all we have built in.

Carspotter Daily

Thank you! I made an account just to post this to you. I wondered what would be the purpose of your Tapp for my laptop when Tesla already provides one for the phone, but listen to this.

My cell phone (I don't know about anyone else) has the effect of messing with my key fob. The fob will not work when it is in close proximity to my cell phone. So of course, today I get in my car and as usual throw my wallet, phone and keys in the centre console. I run back into the house to grab something I needed, come back to my car and by that time the doors locked and as usual (since the keys were still inside) I pushed the handle to get in and nothing. Keep pushing the handle and nothing. Then, it hit me, the keys are too close to my phone. I was going to call wife, tesla etc, but I remembered your app and Voila! Came in the house downloaded Tapp and it worked perfectly!

Thank you my man! I know you haven't had too much response here, but believe me, there is a use for this and I'm sure others have used it.

A few dineros coming your way,