TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Macedonia Ohio - first OH supercharger?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by yobigd20, Dec 2, 2013.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

2. JST

JST Active Member

Not if Ms. Darrow has anything to say about it, apparently.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Nice find!

4. abbylinn

abbylinn Member

Let's all sign a pack that we will all shop, eat and charge.

5. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

Right. And Mr. Westbrooks. What a clueless bunch.

6. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I love that they are concerned it will be an eyesore, next to the Walmart Supercenter. You can really get a feel for what a difficult job it must be to get these sites approved in all these different localities, each of which has their own Ms. Darrows and Mr. Westbrooks.

This location is not far from the I-80 exit, though traffic through here is always a joy!

7. JST

JST Active Member

Do not forget the Winking Lizard tavern.

Macedonia, OH - Google Maps

8. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

If the public hearing comes to conclude that a line of Model Ss is an eyesore, please have them removed and send them to Europe. :biggrin:

9. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

How in the h*** is a Model S charging an eyesore? If anything it would draw attention and lots of instragrams that have way more class than peopleofwalmart.com.

10. Joel

Joel Active Member

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Oh yes, though I usually frequent the one in Peninsula!

12. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

We live in a great country, and the wheels of Democracy turn really slowly.
    Most of us do not have the patience, aptitude or willingness of the Tesla Rep (Drew) to fully answer and address all the various questions and concerns.

For those who think that the Supercharger Network roll-out is slow, they need to watch the entire video.
    This is your Democracy in Action.
    There is so much education typically required at a local level, for all the local officials.
    For the most part, the Mayor, Council and various officials are just trying to do their job to the best of their ability, and take their role as protectors of the General Public very seriously.

Now multiply this council meeting/ public hearing times the number of more remote locations, and you can see where a lot of very real time and energy is spent, well past that of securing an agreement with a local business as a willing partner.
    Tesla still has to have the good will and concurrence of the Local Powers that Be, and then maybe the general local public to be fully successful.

Great News!
    Red Dot on the way in Macedonia!

(It probably is a really good thing that Tesla is made in California/USA, or I could see this really running off the rails in some locales).

13. polyphase

polyphase Member

We love the Lizard. Great beer selection and live music sometimes at the Westlake, OH location.

More on topic though, go easy on the "clueless" officials, folks. If you have never gone to a town meeting in your town, you should. It's how democracy works at the micro level. These people are way more accountable to their constituents than politicians at the national level. And, correct, they have no clue - yet- how EV infrastructure works. That video does provide a good illustration of why Supercharger installations are more complicated than just looking at the physical requirements would indicate. More opportunities for us to be evangelists!

14. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

I watched the said video and see NOTHING special about it. And the issues/questions asked were right in-line with what one should expect. If you are trying to convince me that it's things like this that make deployment slow, you've totally failed, Sorry, this is what I would expect and would have expected to be planned for (actually this one was fairly easy).

15. FatSal

FatSal Member

I think it is amazing how fast Tesla moved from approval to breaking ground. It looks to me that they already have a fairly significant amount of work done.

16. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Maybe another person to be lobbied with a test drive.