Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Macedonia Ohio - first OH supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8210 Macedonia Commons Blvd
Macedonia, OH 44056 ‎

8210 macedonia commons blvd macedonia oh - Google Maps

http://macedonia.oh.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/10-15-13-minutes.pdf

macedonia01.png

macedonia.png

I love that they are concerned it will be an eyesore, next to the Walmart Supercenter. You can really get a feel for what a difficult job it must be to get these sites approved in all these different localities, each of which has their own Ms. Darrows and Mr. Westbrooks.

This location is not far from the I-80 exit, though traffic through here is always a joy!

I love that they are concerned it will be an eyesore, next to the Walmart Supercenter. You can really get a feel for what a difficult job it must be to get these sites approved in all these different localities, each of which has their own Ms. Darrows and Mr. Westbrooks.

This location is not far from the I-80 exit, though traffic through here is always a joy!

Do not forget the Winking Lizard tavern.

Macedonia, OH - Google Maps

We live in a great country, and the wheels of Democracy turn really slowly.
Most of us do not have the patience, aptitude or willingness of the Tesla Rep (Drew) to fully answer and address all the various questions and concerns.

For those who think that the Supercharger Network roll-out is slow, they need to watch the entire video.
This is your Democracy in Action.
There is so much education typically required at a local level, for all the local officials.
For the most part, the Mayor, Council and various officials are just trying to do their job to the best of their ability, and take their role as protectors of the General Public very seriously.

Now multiply this council meeting/ public hearing times the number of more remote locations, and you can see where a lot of very real time and energy is spent, well past that of securing an agreement with a local business as a willing partner.
Tesla still has to have the good will and concurrence of the Local Powers that Be, and then maybe the general local public to be fully successful.

Here is the video for the public hearing on November 4, 2013:

Macedonia Special Planning Committee Meeting 11.4.13 The City of Macedonia

Great News!
Red Dot on the way in Macedonia!

(It probably is a really good thing that Tesla is made in California/USA, or I could see this really running off the rails in some locales).

Do not forget the Winking Lizard tavern.

Macedonia, OH - Google Maps

We love the Lizard. Great beer selection and live music sometimes at the Westlake, OH location.

More on topic though, go easy on the "clueless" officials, folks. If you have never gone to a town meeting in your town, you should. It's how democracy works at the micro level. These people are way more accountable to their constituents than politicians at the national level. And, correct, they have no clue - yet- how EV infrastructure works. That video does provide a good illustration of why Supercharger installations are more complicated than just looking at the physical requirements would indicate. More opportunities for us to be evangelists!

I watched the said video and see NOTHING special about it. And the issues/questions asked were right in-line with what one should expect. If you are trying to convince me that it's things like this that make deployment slow, you've totally failed, Sorry, this is what I would expect and would have expected to be planned for (actually this one was fairly easy).