Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E beats Tesla Model 3 as Consumer Reports top electric vehicle for 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford's Mustang Mach-E beats Tesla's Model 3 as Consumer Reports' top electric vehicle for 2022

Stop reading here:
Consumer Reports says reliability data it has collected shows the Mach-E has very few problems, so far.

I guess they are not concerned that BlueCruise will disengaged without any driver-aid alerts, like an audible tone.
Consumer Reports is still recommending the Model 3, but Fisher says the small electric car fails to match the Mach-E in certain areas, most notably when it comes to hands-free driving and alerting drivers who fail to pay attention. Ford’s BlueCruise system uses a camera to monitor and alert drivers when they are not paying attention. The Model 3 also has a camera watching the driver, but Consumer Reports says that camera could be more effective.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Consumer Reports has always been biased crap, no actual data, its survey based.

CR has an ideology and their reviews and review criteria are based on that. Its like when that review of fast chargers came out and the Tesla supercharger network came in behind EA’s. The review criteria for assigning points was wacked.

Were you guys citing CR’s bias and whack scoring system when the Model 3 was the leader before just now being supplanted?

How about we celebrate competition and these companies pushing each other to innovate, improve, and provide the best product for consumers at the best price and value possible
All products in general. Its consumer based snapshot opinion, not actually driven by breakdown data etc. I don't trust the media anymore, and well that has moved to the car media as well(edmunds/motor trend), those use to be great but now are super biased. Tesla is by far from perfect but they dont want to let down their golden boy readers.

All products in general. Its consumer based snapshot opinion, not actually driven by breakdown data etc. I don't trust the media anymore, and well that has moved to the car media as well(edmunds/motor trend), those use to be great but now are super biased. Tesla is by far from perfect but they dont want to let down their golden boy readers.
I see people in this forum citing the same survey-based results when they support Tesla, like the brand being #1 in Owner Satisfaction according to CR. And I bet CR ranking the Model 3 as #1 was met with the same reception.

When it flips, suddenly CR is the bad guy

Not to direct that at you or anyone else specifically here, but there’s no shortage of bias all over the place

I see people in this forum citing the same survey-based results when they support Tesla, like the brand being #1 in Owner Satisfaction according to CR. And I bet CR ranking the Model 3 as #1 was met with the same reception.

When it flips, suddenly CR is the bad guy

Not to direct that at you or anyone else specifically here, but there’s no shortage of bias all over the place
I think main problem is people think CR is data driven, not survey driven.

Reactions: NoGasNoBrakes
To be clear, I'm not advocating for Ford or the Mach-E. I have a Model 3 and think it's great (mostly), but I also don't see Sandy Munro as a non-biased opinion.
I love Sandy, but he’s little more than a curmudgeonly Luddite when it comes to analyzing the finer points of UI design. He’s a hardware guy.

He “loves” Tesla because he sees them engineering things that he’s been advocating for years. He was very critical after his teardown of an early M3 due to the build quality.

Reactions: SmartElectric