Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E beats Tesla Model 3 as Consumer Reports top electric vehicle for 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took our Mach E to the dealer on June 20. They still have it.
There apparently is a failure loading one of the software modules.
Each download takes several hours.

The service adviser told us that the module update has failed 8 times, because of some piece of firmware (box).
Ford will not provide a replacement until the update fails 16 times
It apparently costs $2000 so Ford is demanding 16 failed attempts before the send the part.

There are many experiences like you describe.

My car bricked for the 3rd time in a row within 3 weeks after 2 "fix" by the dealer !

I'm beginning to suspect ford dont have a clue how to make an EV

• Informative
Reactions: thesmokingman
Some owners are so desperate for the new part that supposedly fixes the recall issue, that they're willing to pay the dealers 2k (parts and labor) to get it installed. Imagine buying a 60k+ car with a known defect and paying a dealer out of pocket to fix it. Unbelievable.

I'm beginning to suspect ford dont have a clue how to make an EV
I feel good now I've got MY instead of MME. Delivered 2 weeks ago, today we are back from a 3500+ mile 10 day trip including 110F deserts and 10000+ ft elevation. Not a single issue. I guess it would take more time for the MME to find the chargers and charge to drive this long of a trip, even if it could make it.

Some owners are so desperate for the new part that supposedly fixes the recall issue, that they're willing to pay the dealers 2k (parts and labor) to get it installed. Imagine buying a 60k+ car with a known defect and paying a dealer out of pocket to fix it. Unbelievable.
There are a lot of unhappy owners over on Macheforums.com. Just a little warning for anyone researching to make a car buying decision.

We probably go to 30 plus car events a year. Cars coffee, local shows and evening car meets. Sure we have two teslas and one mini cyber truck but I love all cars. Good friend of ours had a Mach E and had sold it a while back. He just took delivery of his Lightning F150. Beautiful vehicles. What saddens me is if Ford can't get it right, who else is going to manufacture a compelling EV. If there's issues with the Mach E that the dealers can't work out , how is Ford going to deal with any Lightning concerns?

The mini cyber truck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-08 163417.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-08 163417.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 167
I think you had better check again. Vehicle must be assembled in North America to qualify for Fed incentives, regardless of trade partner status.
You said none of them qualify. (Not that none of them would qualify in the future under rules that don't yet exist.) And Hyundai qualifies right now. You can go buy one and get the credit. And if you put a binding order in for one this year and pick it up next year that would qualify under the 2022 rules as they are currently proposed to be enacted in the IRA bill.

You said none of them qualify. (Not that none of them would qualify in the future under rules that don't yet exist.) And Hyundai qualifies right now. You can go buy one and get the credit. And if you put a binding order in for one this year and pick it up next year that would qualify under the 2022 rules as they are currently proposed to be enacted in the IRA bill.
I was looking long term, beyond 2022 for influence of Chinese cars and cars of other origins.

how is Ford going to deal with any Lightning concerns?

The mini cyber truck.
The way they deal with every other concern. Procrastinate till there's a lawsuit or band-aid the issue till they feel like fixing it (if ever). The Lightning is already building up a nice laundry list of problems.

The silver lining is they're going to sell a decent amount of EVs to help expand the market.