Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E: Ford Mustang Inspired EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Ford learns from the Jaguar i-pace. It has better have good technology, good looks, good functionality, good price, and, oh, a charging network?
Looks like the team that is building it "gets it" but, of course, the real question is if management will do more to support it than just compliance car numbers. Hard to get the costs down without the volume and they could just say "it costs too much to build".
Yes, the real rub is a L3 nationwide charging network. Only Tesla has that now.

This Is The Ford 'Mustang-Inspired' SUV Caught Almost Totally Undisguised

cnzb4cjcax5r6dibf8px.jpg

rzxvbd0a4dbsrhmksttv.jpg

Reactions: Sean Wagner
Oh no,

Good bye model Y. I might not pick up my model 3 stealth performance tomorrow now.

You know you don't pay MSRP for a Ford right. That GT is really like 50 after tax incentive.

I know this is a Tesla forum but this will eat model 3 and y sales. Assuming this is Ford's first of many for the electrics... Tesla is going to be forced to drop prices to compete.

Looks like a serious and good first attempt at building an EV that needs no excuses.

So where are the cells coming from, and how many do they anticipate producing per annum?

I do hope this one's going to find its way to Ford of Europe and China too.

Edit: the latest gen Mustang has been a global success for Ford, with healthy sales both in Europe and China, plus the cachet it brings to its classic car lineup.

Last edited:
The impression I get is that Ford are going to produce the most Tesla-like product that any competitor has come up with thus far. It looks to me like they've studied Tesla’s products and their customers very hard and then done a fair amount of shameless copying, much more than the Europeans have done.

It’s interesting that Ford went with the screen layout more like the Model S & X. Probably a good call.

Some of the specs don’t quite match up with the Y. However… $7,500 tax break plus a Ford service center ½ mile from my home instead of 100 miles away counts for a lot. If I were shopping for a crossover (which I’m not), I would have to consider this one.

But… How long will it be before all those small-town dealerships are actually trained-and-equipped to work on the Mach-E, I wonder?

Biggest question is charging and efficiency. 47 miles range in 10 minutes with 150kW chargers. How many 150kw CCS chargers are around? Electrify America is expanding, but they are behind Tesla.

It should compete in performance and handling though, that's for sure. Will dealers be able to sell and service them?

Looks like they did their homework. Great to see the competition in the EV segment. As Tesla is ready to go after their cash cow (trucks) they do need to return fire.

There will likely be some delays getting a supply out there, so model Y might still get a head start. Expect a few technical glitches too. OTA updates, or a trip to the dealer?
Where are they building it?

Reactions: NateB