Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E GT vs. Model Y performance drag race...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really good sales material for Tesla in hindsight. A MYP that's been flogged for over a year in countless tests is still achieving its blistering 0-60 and 1/4 numbers just like day one. I wonder if Edmunds thinks about that? :D

I want to see lap times.
It'll be like this but ten times worse. The vaunted Turbo S cannot go more than 15 miles w/o being throttled. Can you imagine a Mach E on a track that throttles after 5 seconds and cannot cool itself w/o actually stopping first? Talk about absolutely failing and comical. And putting the Porsche into context, Porsche specifically built the Turbo S to be able to handle being flogged for extended periods yet that only translated to 15 miles.

Porsche has not yet been able to set up for the world beyond 25 km

It'll be like this but ten times worse. The vaunted Turbo S cannot go more than 15 miles w/o being throttled. Can you imagine a Mach E on a track that throttles after 5 seconds and cannot cool itself w/o actually stopping first? Talk about absolutely failing and comical.

Nurburgring length : 20.83 km

hmmmm

as for the ford yes it would be funny. I cant wait to see it.

Ford cant ban that surely?
Yea from what I read at the on the mach e forums. That's apparently why no mag or outlet has published any track times. It's actually really freaking weird. Mags have only recently published the 60 and 1/4 times. Then that was followed up by CnD's skidpad number. Before that they just listed what Ford said it was and took that as fact.

GM is the EV leader in US?
BTW...not actually a question. I think it's GM's opinion though

5w50y0.jpg
^^Taken from investors thread...

Yea from what I read at the on the mach e forums. That's apparently why no mag or outlet has published any track times. It's actually really freaking weird. Mags have only recently published the 60 and 1/4 times. Then that was followed up by CnD's skidpad number. Before that they just listed what Ford said it was and took that as fact.
I guess that clearly shows that most of the so-called automotive journalists are in the Ford's pocket as they can't say what they ethically obliged to say without losing funding and/or access to journalist pool cars.