Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E review from Model 3 SR+ owner...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The Mustang Mach-E is built on the Global Electrified 1 (GE1) platform which is a heavily reworked version of the C2 platform that is used on the fourth generation Focus and third generation Kuga/fourth generation Escape. " Wikipedia page on the Mach-E.

True. I said it wasn't "built on the Escape platform." But you didn't say that it was. You said it was "derived from" the Escape platform, which is true enough, and I misinterpreted you. It's a new platform which was "heavily reworked" from the Focus/Escape platform. I'm not sure what point you were making, though.

True. I said it wasn't "built on the Escape platform." But you didn't say that it was. You said it was "derived from" the Escape platform, which is true enough, and I misinterpreted you. It's a new platform which was "heavily reworked" from the Focus/Escape platform. I'm not sure what point you were making, though.

"The Mustang Mach-E is built on the Global Electrified 1 (GE1) platform which is a heavily reworked version of the C2 platform that is used on the fourth generation Focus and third generation Kuga/fourth generation Escape. " Wikipedia page on the Mach-E.

I think these two need couples counseling.

• Funny
Reactions: alexgr
Wow, looking at that pic the Mach-E really does have an almost identical side profile to the Escape. Makes me wonder why they didn't simply make the Mach E an actual electric Escape, I mean Ford practically did!
The MME from side view looks like every other crossover SUV out there. Down to that shark fin in the rear that I dislike on cars. Nothing special or unique in looks and typical for so many ICE cars. I had to look at the the taillight area and wheels to realize which was the Escape and which was the MME. Interesting photo comparison.

Not everyone is going to want a Tesla. People buy different cars for all different reasons some aesthetics, some utility/performance, some financial. I think it’s great people are getting out of their ICE vehicles into an EV. I personally love the styling of our Teslas and think they look modern and sleek. Wasn’t sure I’d adjust to the minimal look but did so in no time. I can’t help but think the design team was running out of time on the whole car’s design if they were going to get it out when they did so somethings were compromises.

I will add, and I haven’t test driven a MME, but if I had to pick one thing that I really dislike on sight of the car would be the center screen. Looks especially tacked on as an after thought in photos I’ve seen of the interior and it’s knob looks ridiculous stuck there on the bottom. Can you picture an iPhone or Samsung phone with a knob sticking up from their touch screens? I can only guess the designers said some people hate Tesla’s buttonless dash so let’s give our guys a button! Maybe they didn’t have time to integrate touch screen software into the display for a radio/sound system. Suspect at some point it will be dropped. Also the portrait position of the screen, maybe trying to mimic the older Model S/Xs design integrated screen to say we have a car with a large screen too, just looks so out of place in the dash.

It will take Ford a while to iron out the bugs and modify parts. If my Model 3 was totalled and I needed a replacement car, it would be another Tesla. Really have been extremely happy with it. When I was in high school and getting my first car I had my eyes on a convertible red Mustang a neighbor was selling. It was stick and my dad nixed it for that reason (I later bought a stickshift car and loved the aspect of downshifting and feel of it). When my husband and I bought our first car together it was a Mustang fastback coupe. Drove it across country with an 8-track. So Mustangs have been cars I have owned. As much as I won’t ever own an ICE again, I’m not enticed at all by this first Ford EV offering after owning my Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexgr
If my Model 3 was totalled and I needed a replacement car, it would be another Tesla.
Like this one? (Saw this in the middle of Oklahoma this Monday).

Attachments

• model s.jpg
    model s.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 69
Cant speak to Lincoln standards, but the MME feels very lux to me. Nice quiet ride, the faux leather feels so soft, the steering wheel feels amazing, seems like very little hard plastic. It’s a very pleasant interior. As many have reported, the driver’s screen does have a faint buzz that is audible without other ambient noise. I consider that a nuisance for such an expensive vehicle, and I’m doubtful Ford will fix it. But it doesn’t cause me to second-guess my decision at all.

Cant speak to Lincoln standards, but the MME feels very lux to me. Nice quiet ride, the faux leather feels so soft, the steering wheel feels amazing, seems like very little hard plastic. It’s a very pleasant interior. As many have reported, the driver’s screen does have a faint buzz that is audible without other ambient noise. I consider that a nuisance for such an expensive vehicle, and I’m doubtful Ford will fix it. But it doesn’t cause me to second-guess my decision at all.

I have not sat in a Mach-E, but hopefully I will be able to test drive one soon. I like that it looks more like a wagon vs a CUV/SUV. I'm hoping to see an RS version in a smaller hatchback configuration soon also.

As far as Lincoln, I think Ford could have made one for the brand to directly compete with the Audi electrics.

I've attached the side profile from the Model-Y & Mach-E, taken from their respective websites. I chose black on purpose because Ford uses black to decieve their customers on the true shape of the car. Compare the black to the white Mach-E. The white looks much better than the black Mach-E since Ford uses black accents to give the illusion it's has sportier lines then it really does. I threw in the side profile for the 2021 Escape Titanium Plug-in Hybrid as a design observation to show the Mach-E is essential the same shape as the '21 Escape.

Yes, looks are subjective, but I do prefer the Model Y.
So your point is that for any color other than black you prefer the Mach-E?