Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E review from Model 3 SR+ owner...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch. Mach E Charging is paaaaaaaainful. For the ones that bought a MachE after their experience of a 5 minute test drive with a Tesla, really has no clue how an EV is supposed to operate. Sure, you might get the random broken stall at a Tesla supercharger location but typically I can plug in and in less than 10 seconds, starts charging with no issue. Also the amount of noise the Mach E/EA chargers make right away is something. Teslas can get loud too but that quick? Wow. Like I said before, people that are on here pushing the Mach E as being oh so much better than a Tesla, actually USE it for a while and then see how much that shine wears off. The Mach E has only been out in the wild for a few months. Hardly enough time to truly see the warts. I want the MachE to do well but if others experience problems like this without trying a Tesla and supercharging, the EV conversion will not happen near as quickly. Many people do not have the patience to deal with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mark95476
Ouch. Mach E Charging is paaaaaaaainful. For the ones that bought a MachE after their experience of a 5 minute test drive with a Tesla, really has no clue how an EV is supposed to operate.

For people who only charge at home and stay local the Mach-E would be just fine. But yeah, until the non-Tesla charging infrastructure gets better road tripping in anything other than a Tesla can be problematic. The EA network is fine when their chargers are operational but they go down and have issues so often, it's hard to depend on them being available when you drive up to them. The Mach-E seems to have a specific issue with EA, maybe due to Ford's bizarre charging curve for the car? I hope they sort it out soon or bad word of mouth will really hurt them hard.

For people who only charge at home and stay local the Mach-E would be just fine. But yeah, until the non-Tesla charging infrastructure gets better road tripping in anything other than a Tesla can be problematic. The EA network is fine when their chargers are operational but they go down and have issues so often, it's hard to depend on them being available when you drive up to them. The Mach-E seems to have a specific issue with EA, maybe due to Ford's bizarre charging curve for the car? I hope they sort it out soon or bad word of mouth will really hurt them hard.

I used to think I fell into the camp of only using my car around town but now I enjoy driving my Tesla so much, I look forward to road trips. But I wouldn’t if I had to deal with those EA charging issues.

Every EV blog has tons of "EPA Range" articles, mostly negative to Tesla. Where are the "EV Charging" articles so buyers are also informed on charging? Radio silence.
The Charging articles report on the Audi E-Tron outperforming Tesla in charging ... by percentage charged ... when Tesla is connected to a non-supercharger ... yeh, Tesla fails.

... but, sincerely, E-Tron seems to be the only really-well-charging vehicle after Tesla.

I have a family member who has admired my Tesla every time I traveled to his home town. For years now, it's been "Tesla is great! I want a Tesla one day." I just heard through the family grapevine that he has put in a reservation, but not for a Tesla. For a MachE. WTF? I need to corner this guy and ask him why the heck he would order a MachE after lusting after our Tesla(s) for years?!?

I have a family member who has admired my Tesla every time I traveled to his home town. For years now, it's been "Tesla is great! I want a Tesla one day." I just heard through the family grapevine that he has put in a reservation, but not for a Tesla. For a MachE. WTF? I need to corner this guy and ask him why the heck he would order a MachE after lusting after our Tesla(s) for years?!?

I'm sorry you lost a family member ... 😭

is it like his buying the MME is an insult to you? he's not joining the same church that you attend. it's like you feel rejected. so how will you proceed? will you exclude him from family events?

Reactions: BooMan
Front page news, Tesla lemon?

No page news, MME lemon?

• Love
Reactions: alexgr
  • Funny
Reactions: alexgr
Ouch. Mach E Charging is paaaaaaaainful. For the ones that bought a MachE after their experience of a 5 minute test drive with a Tesla, really has no clue how an EV is supposed to operate. Sure, you might get the random broken stall at a Tesla supercharger location but typically I can plug in and in less than 10 seconds, starts charging with no issue. Also the amount of noise the Mach E/EA chargers make right away is something. Teslas can get loud too but that quick? Wow. Like I said before, people that are on here pushing the Mach E as being oh so much better than a Tesla, actually USE it for a while and then see how much that shine wears off. The Mach E has only been out in the wild for a few months. Hardly enough time to truly see the warts. I want the MachE to do well but if others experience problems like this without trying a Tesla and supercharging, the EV conversion will not happen near as quickly. Many people do not have the patience to deal with this.

so - that charging scene was a mess. Apparently the issue resolved and he had no issues on the return leg - my understanding is he will post that video soon. Do you really want the Mach E to do well?

so - that charging scene was a mess. Apparently the issue resolved and he had no issues on the return leg - my understanding is he will post that video soon. Do you really want the Mach E to do well?
Yes. My uncle is interested in the Mach E. He works for a Ford dealer, has owned two Mustangs and would never buy a Tesla. He questions EVs usability. This would not go over well with him. I talked to him just a couple weeks ago about the MME and he’s really excited for them.

The video I posted is not the only one showcasing poor EA charging issues. If Ford and EA resolved the issues, great!

There’s room in the market for more than one EV manufacturer. I just find it funny when pro MachE people come on a Tesla site and claim how wonderful they are compared to a Tesla with little to no actual experience with one.

Last edited:
Yes. My uncle is interested in the Mach E. He works for a Ford dealer, has owned two Mustangs and would never buy a Tesla. He questions EVs usability. This would not go over well with him. I talked to him just a couple weeks ago about the MME and he’s really excited for them.

The video I posted is not the only one showcasing poor EA charging issues. If Ford and EA resolved the issues, great!

There’s room in the market for more than one EV manufacturer. I just find it funny when pro MachE people come on a Tesla site and claim how wonderful they are compared to a Tesla with little to no actual experience with one.

Yep - the Mach E faithful defend the flag ‘till their last breath. Not much different from the Tesla faithful.
objectivity is a list art - for certain.

Reactions: SO16
is it like his buying the MME is an insult to you? he's not joining the same church that you attend. it's like you feel rejected. so how will you proceed? will you exclude him from family events?

Insult? Nowhere did I express insult. That‘s your mischaracterization.

I’m simply surprised and curious at his very inconsistent behavior of yearning for a Tesla for eight years, repeatedly declaring his intention to buy one, and suddenly doing a 180 and buying an EV that seems likely to offer a very different ownership experience.

I’m simply surprised and curious at his very inconsistent behavior of yearning for a Tesla for eight years, repeatedly declaring his intention to buy one, and suddenly doing a 180 and buying an EV that seems likely to offer a very different ownership experience.
Well...at least he didn’t buy another ICE.

Reactions: mrau
this is your comment I need to corner this guy and ask him why the heck he would order a MachE after lusting after our Tesla(s) for years?!

why do you feel the need to confront him regarding his purchase?

things change.
the MME wasn't available when he "lusted" for a telsa.
I've been driving teslas since 2013. there are better options now, I currently am driving a Taycan.
if anyone maybe a comment like your to me I'd tell them to pound sand.

this is your comment I need to corner this guy and ask him why the heck he would order a MachE after lusting after our Tesla(s) for years?!

why do you feel the need to confront him regarding his purchase?
I’m guessing he said it in jest.

I would ask the guy too on what made him go with the MME just out of curiosity. But of course still be supportive of his decision to go EV.