Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E review from Model 3 SR+ owner...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Ford dealership here in Sudbury has always treated me well. Traded in 2019 VW Jetta 2 weeks ago to order 2021 Ford Escape SEL Plug-In but Ford Canada decided that rest of allotment for Ford Escape Plug-Ins going to BC or Quebec , none to Ontario (((( They had allotment of 4 Mach-E for 2021 and has been put on waiting list for 2022 Mustang Mach-E allotment but have not given deposit.

So now between 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+ because it gets the $5000 Federal Canada Rebate which the Mach-E does not.

Dan
Hey Dan. As the title of this thread suggests, I have a 2019 SR+ and I live in SW Ontario. I'd buy my car again in a second, especially with all the new upgrades in the 2021's. If I had a few more $ I'd get the long range just to get some more KM for the winter. While it's never been a problem, the extra range and AWD will be a must the next go. As a point of comparison, my SR+ at 90% SoC gives me 317KM. 100% SoC gives me 351KM.

The Mach-E is a nice driving "car", not a very good EV for road trips, evidence is in the many YouTube video's. When I test drove it, there was nothing exciting about it. The already out dated UI on the wrongly oriented portrait display would drive me crazy with the many depths of menu choices and overall lagginess. If you where coming from a 4 cyl ICE vehicle and got in the Mach-e. the acceleration would feel extremely better than an ICE vehicle.

At the end of the day, paying $80,507 CDN (taxes-in) for a Ford is crazy in my opinion, considering what $80K can get you from Lexus, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla. Mach-E AWD Premium is priced at $71,245 + taxes and fees = $80,507 CDN priced from ford.ca. You can get a real Mustang Mach 1 with a V8 for $66,900 CDN (taxes in)

The MME will get previous ICE owners that want a vehicle which feels similar to ICE but better. Great! Another person in an EV.

Will get people that have hate of Elon/Tesla. Great! Another person in an EV.

Former disgruntled Tesla owner or long time Tesla owner that wants to buy something different. Great! Still in an EV.

The MME will get previous ICE owners that want a vehicle which feels similar to ICE but better. Great! Another person in an EV.

Will get people that have hate of Elon/Tesla. Great! Another person in an EV.

Former disgruntled Tesla owner or long time Tesla owner that wants to buy something different. Great! Still in an EV.
What is even better, there will be much better options coming out shortly from VW, Hyundai, and KIA. Lexus and Toyota have also made announcements, along with BMW and Mercedes. More people in EVs is great.

Reactions: SO16