Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E road trip becomes a charging fiasco...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whos to say this isn't Fords intention, to just have Tesla Haters buy the Mach-E and then have those same buyers just say EV' are trash.

Ford has done this before with their Ford Performance vehicles that aren't the Mustang or Raptor. The RS was a disaster, they put the ST badge on an SUV. Ford, other than the Mustang and F-150 suck. I'm a huge Ford fan, have owned 5 of them and loved them all.

Jeez, that was MY original thought about the Mach-E that Ford is trying to design and then market it as a complete failure of EVs. Like, look we made a car that is better than Tesla and there is still no demand! People don't like our very best EVs!

This is totally nonsensical.

No one invests hundreds of millions of dollars to create a new EV platform so that it can suck and tank the EV market.
No one puts the Mustang nameplate on an EV so it can take down both the ICE and EV versions.
No one plans on selling a pure Electric version of a vehicle they sell literally a million of every year and launches an EV version of a crossover to kill the EV market.

That really makes no sense.

No one until one does.
The Mach-E is a small volume compliance EV built on extended Ford Focus/Escape platform likely at significant loss to Ford. The goals were (1) increase the stock price to borrow money to cover Ford's debts and (2) Compromise EVs to lobby against mandated fuel economy and carbon taxes.

Of course, as most of us discussion board warriors, I had no personal experience with most vehicles I am talking about. If you have a Taycan or have been driving and charging it for an extended period of time, I would be happy to hear your opinion. Until then, I will be used publicly available information. The charging curves of Taycan and E-Tron are much better than the charging curve of the Mach-E. I am not surprised by reports of Mach-E reservation holders dropping reservations and purchasing the E-Tron as it can be purchased almost at the same price now as the top version of the Mach-E.
so you are just bloviating without any hands on experience. thanks for alerting me to the level of your insight.

This is totally nonsensical.

No one invests hundreds of millions of dollars to create a new EV platform so that it can suck and tank the EV market.
No one puts the Mustang nameplate on an EV so it can take down both the ICE and EV versions.
No one plans on selling a pure Electric version of a vehicle they sell literally a million of every year and launches an EV version of a crossover to kill the EV market.

That really makes no sense.

Except Ford is the same manufacturer that put a 4 banger in the Mustang in the 80's that sucked and that no one bought bringing down the Mustang name.

They are also the same manufacturer that continued to produce trash small cars, including a Focus EV, leaving their very best in Europe so that they could sell CUV's and SUV's.

You do realize the Mach-E is a limited production vehicle at least in its first year? I wouldn’t put it past Ford.....unlike GM who has already committed to full blown EV

Last edited:
Well looks like the stories are starting to hit the MSM

• Love
Reactions: alexgr
Except Ford is the same manufacturer that put a 4 banger in the Mustang in the 80's that sucked and that no one bought bringing down the Mustang name.

They are also the same manufacturer that continued to produce trash small cars, including a Focus EV, leaving their very best in Europe so that they could sell CUV's and SUV's.

You do realize the Mach-E is a limited production vehicle at least in its first year? I wouldn’t put it past Ford.....unlike GM who has already committed to full blown EV
the world is moving towards EVs. If a manufacturer doesn’t keep up - they’ll go extinct. A single manufacturer’s inability to produce a workable EV won’t bring down the momentum. Sorry - but this is nonsense.

I would also add that Ford is the same company that has been founded by an infamous anti-Semite praised by Adolf Hitler. They haven't changed the name, and the same family is still in charge. This company should be nationalized and sold before it become a bankwupt soon.

• Disagree
Reactions: hellocar
Well looks like the stories are starting to hit the MSM

It's suddenly everywhere. I have tried to alert Zach Shahan of CleanTechnica about this over a month ago, he apparently dropped the ball. Now, he will be just re-reporting Verge, et. al. stories.

It's suddenly everywhere. I have tried to alert Zach Shahan of CleanTechnica about this over a month ago, he apparently dropped the ball. Now, he will be just re-reporting Verge, et. al. stories.

Me thinks thou protests too much. You are getting too much joy of anything you can find with "bad" news on the Mach E.

I actually read the article - here it is in it's entirety:

Early owners of Ford Motor Co's newest electric vehicle, the Mustang Mach-E crossover, have experienced a battery problem that leaves their vehicles unable to start after charging, according to a service bulletin filed by Ford with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Ford said a software glitch can cause the vehicle's smaller 12-volt battery to discharge while the larger high-voltage battery pack is charging.

Owners who have experienced the issue said they are unable to start their vehicles after charging, according to The Verge, which first reported the issue on Thursday.

Ford said only "a small number" of Mach-Es built before Feb. 3 were affected, and dealers are able to correct the issue by reprogramming several of the electronic control modules on the vehicle.

Ford said it sold 6,614 Mach-Es in the first quarter. Tesla, the industry's electric vehicle leader, said it delivered a record 184,800 cars worldwide in the quarter.

So - the 12v battery was discharging making the car inop. Hmmmm - what other EV has had that happen to people?

Me thinks thou protests too much. You are getting too much joy of anything you can find with "bad" news on the Mach E.

I actually read the article - here it is in it's entirety:

So - the 12v battery was discharging making the car inop. Hmmmm - what other EV has had that happen to people?
ID.3?

Of course I enjoy the downfall of the Mach-E because their multi-billion PR department spew tons of *sugar* in general Tesla direction wasting money that could be spend on better engineering. ... and because Ford is the company run by the family of an anti-Semite.

Seems like a genuine effort from Ford. Putting the company's most valuable brand on a EV is not something a large, old company would do lightly.

Really does give us insight of what a legacy auto can do if they really tried (Porsche Tacan as well). Big caveat of course is that it is a low volume effort so we don't know profitability / scalability of the platform.

The Munro tear down of the Mach-E will be really interesting

Reactions: Needsdecaf
No one until one does.
The Mach-E is a small volume compliance EV built on extended Ford Focus/Escape platform likely at significant loss to Ford. The goals were (1) increase the stock price to borrow money to cover Ford's debts and (2) Compromise EVs to lobby against mandated fuel economy and carbon taxes.

You really need to understand the automotive industry a lot better. Like a LOT better.

Reactions: BooMan
I would also add that Ford is the same company that has been founded by an infamous anti-Semite praised by Adolf Hitler. They haven't changed the name, and the same family is still in charge. This company should be nationalized and sold before it become a bankwupt soon.

Thanks for revealing why you really continue to bash the Mustang Mach E and make outrageous claims about Ford. That makes a lot more sense. You're speaking from a place of deep personal hatred, not anything to do with facts and logic.

Reactions: mk677
Have you seen Ford's "usie"? The photo was said to have been on the desks of the 2 major names

Attachments

• Hitler and Ford.jpg
    Hitler and Ford.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 51