Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach E RWD range 370 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Debuts In Europe With Special Tuning

"Equipped with the larger battery and in rear-wheel-drive guise, the electric crossover promises to cover 600 kilometers (373 miles) based WLTP, which is a more realistic test cycle replacing the old lab-based NEDC."

"The Model 3 long Range AWD has a large WLTP range of 544 km (338 mi). The Tesla Model 3 Performance naturally also has AWD thanks to a dual engine and sprint in 3.5 seconds from 0-100 km / h."

What do you all think? Is this comparable?

ford-mustang-mach-e-debuts-in-europe.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: puckpurnell
is this comparable?

Not really. The 544km result is from a year ago, and is for an AWD vehicle.

If you really want to compare, I guess you'd have to try to extrapolate and project from the LR RWD.

Roughly speaking, the LR RWD if retested today would get at least 340 EPA miles. (Just extrapolating from the SR+ RWD improvements - we don't have a real EPA test to go off of - all we know is it's at least 330 EPA miles before the efficiency improvements.)

So if you scale that up roughly:

544km * 340EPA / 310 EPA = 597km.

So it seems pretty similar. Sounds like that would be from a 98.8kWh pack vs. the Model 3 LR RWD which is about 79kWh to achieve that result.

So maybe the Mach-E is 20% less efficient - not too surprising since it's a less aerodynamic shape than the Model 3. But it looks like it would be less efficient than Model Y as well.

Last edited:
$45,000 with the Tax incentive, add 7.5k without it.

It's OK. I looked it up. It's $52.4k + delivery ($1.1k) - credit.

Target EPA range for the "RT 1 edition" says 300 miles.
For some strange reason there's no 100kWh AWD version listed, but there are AWD versions listed for the 76kWh versions. Probably not strange, since 280 miles wouldn't give any headlines.
I guess that's why they called it the RT 1 edition.

For the 76kWh, $43.9k for RWD not too bad. AWD adds $2.7k and knocks 20 miles off the target range (210 v 230).
But of course, if you want heated seats and mirrors you have the copy of the Tesla bullshit, and have to pay $6.7k, and for part of that money, they'll cut your range by giving you 19" wheels instead of 18".

Neither of them are efficient, but nobody cares about efficiency, so it won't hurt sales, and I think they should be able to sell as many as they need to import.

Reactions: MARKM3