Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Machine learning

Vitold

Aug 10, 2015
NM
I don't think that fleet learning could be considered Machine Learning. Deep Neural Networks maybe used for machine vision (by Mobileye) but I doubt it's being utilized in Tesla Autopilot.

HFh

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I don't think that fleet learning could be considered Machine Learning. Deep Neural Networks maybe used for machine vision (by Mobileye) but I doubt it's being utilized in Tesla Autopilot.

What's "it's" in this case: Deep Neural Networks or Machine Learning?

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
I guess I'm not understanding the terminology. When I think about the kind of learning mentioned in the podcast I think of the Borg Collective in Star Trek where if one member learns something that knowledge is transmitted to every member of the collective. Just like with Tesla.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
I guess I'm not understanding the terminology. When I think about the kind of learning mentioned in the podcast I think of the Borg Collective in Star Trek where if one member learns something that knowledge is transmitted to every member of the collective. Just like with Tesla.

Also as with the Borg, with Tesla "Resistance is futile". :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC