Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

macOS Dashcam viewer (beta testers needed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I worked on this app this past weekend. It allows you to quickly scrub through all of your video files on the USB device in one timeline.
It's mostly done. Just need some beta testers.

I need HW3 users (to see if video files changed in any way).
Message me if you fit the above. I only need a few testers. I plan to finish it up this weekend and then submit it to the App Store so hopefully you'll be able to buy it by Monday maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiceWare
Have you considered an iOS port? It would be very useful when traveling as my Mac Pro stays at home but I'd have my iPad Pro with me.

User would need the USB or USB 3 adapter. The USB 3 version is needed if the USB stick draws too much power because it allows you to plug in external power.

IMG_1367.png

Have you considered an iOS port? It would be very useful for when traveling as my Mac Pro stays at home but I'd have my iPad Pro with me.

User would need the USB or USB 3 adapter. The USB 3 version is needed if the USB stick draws too much power because it allows you to plug in external power.

View attachment 413348

I don't think iOS supports third party apps to read from any USB flash drive yet. I'm waiting on iOS 13 to hopefully open that up. However, it sounds like Tesla will come out with a solution before iOS 13 so, I'm waiting on that too. We'll see what happens.

There are some drives like the iXpand that may work, but I believe it requires writing code to support this drive specifically. I think there is one developer already working on supporting that drive so I won't bother trying to make the same product.

is this app maintained? Seems to be crashing after I select Teslacam folder after about 30 seconds. I removed all video files less than 999kb as those tend to be corrupt. Guessing it's finding a file it doesn't like and instead of ignore/error, it just dumps.
App is still maintained. Please use the help menu and send me an email so I can get a better understanding.

Also open Terminal, cd into TeslaCam folder and do ls -R and send me the print out.

You shouldn't need to delete the corrupted videos as the app should automatically do that.

Make sure you updated to the latest version too as I released an update a couple of days ago.

I worked on this app this past weekend. It allows you to quickly scrub through all of your video files on the USB device in one timeline.
It's mostly done. Just need some beta testers.

I need HW3 users (to see if video files changed in any way).
Message me if you fit the above. I only need a few testers. I plan to finish it up this weekend and then submit it to the App Store so hopefully you'll be able to buy it by Monday maybe.

Hi,
How is your viewer coming? Has Apple checked and okayed it. Under what name can I find it in the App Store? I have IOS.
Would like to get it.

Cheers Aqua

Not true. iPlugmate is an app which reads the HooToo usb drive.
iPlugmate only reads from HooToo drives. Just like Sandisk iXpand app only reads from iXpand drives. As well as Western Digital's WD My Cloud app only reads from Western digital drives. It's possible for third party apps to use SDKs from those companies to specifically support their drive. However, there's no generic API to read from "any" USB drive currently.

iPlugmate only reads from HooToo drives. Just like Sandisk iXpand app only reads from iXpand drives. As well as Western Digital's WD My Cloud app only reads from Western digital drives. It's possible for third party apps to use SDKs from those companies to specifically support their drive. However, there's no generic API to read from "any" USB drive currently.
Ah. But even that would not be possible if Apple didn’t expose some access to the USB port to which the drive is connected. How else can they even access the drive?

Ah. But even that would not be possible if Apple didn’t expose some access to the USB port to which the drive is connected. How else can they even access the drive?
there’s an External Accessories framework that usb manufacturers can use to write to communicate with the flash drive. i believe you need to join the MFi program by Apple to make a flash drive for the iPhone. after that, they can write a custom public library that developers can use in their apps (so each flash drive is essentially communicating in a different way.

Just paid & downloaded, and am looking forward to the rear camera.

Can we also get a faster speed for review. Most of this footage is boring as hell, so just want to get to the good stuff where someone punches a drill bit into my tire!

Thanks!

Just paid & downloaded, and am looking forward to the rear camera.

Can we also get a faster speed for review. Most of this footage is boring as hell, so just want to get to the good stuff where someone punches a drill bit into my tire!

Thanks!

Thanks!

I'm currently traveling for a couple of weeks but will be working on it while on the train. It does require an UI rework so it'll take some time. Someone suggested 10x speed so I think I'll add that but having four simultaneous streams may be too taxing for most USB flash drives