Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MAD at Tesla - Will have to bring them to court.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a Tesla Model 3, when test driving I checked to make sure there was no issues with the car charging on DC, it worked fine.
The car has a rebuilt status, but my understanding was that Tesla Changed there policies and no allowed Tesla to use Superchargers.
So I bought the car, then on week later I go to a Tesla Supercharger and It would not work. was on a weekend so did not get support and my battery was almost dead. So I hooped slow charger to slow charger to get home to charge at home.
Then I finally get in touch with Tesla and they said because its a rebuilt they do not allow supercharging. The owner before me said it worked for them, and I have an invoice where it worked for me. See attached image as proof.
When I called and ask them to fix it, they refused! Because it had a rebuilt status, I advised them the vehicle was certified safe by the Manitoba Government, but if they needed me to bring it to them to do there own certification I would, so they would know the car is just like a new car and is TOTALLY Safe.
Again they refused. Basically telling me a bought a car that cannot do what I was lead to believe could do.
I think CANADA Should demand Tesla provide what customers are entitled to have.
So them I told them OK, Turn on my CCS feature on the car and sell me the adapter they sell, which does work on third party chargers.
Again they said they could not help, but I could try to bring to a service center to see if they could enable it. Which by the way is 800KMS away and I am suppose to make it there on one charge.. LOL, long story short, looks like the car is not the value it should be because of TESLA, and I will resell disclosing the truth and SUE Tesla for ANY losses.
Buyer Beware, Tesla is Like APPLE control your property even when you don't want them too.
Looks like I have to find a way to post the invoice with proof, will do that later.
Gerry

I'm sorry that you were suckered by someone who sold you a rebuilt car. But I'm glad that Tesla is protecting other owners and their own supercharging stations by not feeding supercharger levels of energy into previously wrecked vehicles. It certainly sounds like they were trying to accommodate you by offering diagnostic services to validate the car.

caveat emptor

It seems very strange to me that the Manitoba government has the authority to certify your vehicle safe for Supercharging. Of course, I don't believe this one bit. That you believe this is also... hard to believe.

Perhaps you should contact the seller for assistance.
Manitoba, like most provinces, have a safety inspection for vehicles being imported into the province. Things they look for are brakes, lights functioning, holes in the body, etc.

They wouldn’t be looking whether it takes regular or supreme fuel, just like they wouldn’t be checking for charging speed.

One possible glimmer of hope for you. Enabling the CCS adapter isn't a software update - it's a hardware update that's not yet available in Canada. *Maybe* when it's available they'll do the update for you to enable it... maybe.

Does the Tesla ChaDeMo adapter work for you?

As others said, you have zero case here.

You’ve admitted you knew Tesla had a policy of not allowing DCFC on rebuilt vehicles, yet you bought a known rebuilt car anyway.

You being mad changes none of the above facts.

Tesla has good reason for their policy and there’s no sign of that changing.

If you want to be mad, be mad at the seller. Other than you, they’re the only party at fault here.