Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mad Max mode is for real!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not really the right name for what it currently is.

Currently that setting is simply the speed differential between you, and the person in front of you that dictates whether it will want to pass.

Instead of giving them names I would have rather had a speed number. Like normally I don't bother passing people unless there is a 5+ differential of what speed I want to go.

I can't stand people who try to pass with a speed differential of 1mph as it takes them all day.

At some point it will likely turn a measure of driving aggressiveness, but I don't believe it is right now.

It's more a gauge of how impatient it will be.

That’s so odd. Elon portrayed it to be more for switching lanes where very little room was available between cars, not for passing when the leading car is a bit slow. Geeze Louise. I was excited that I might actually e able to use it during my morning commute transitioning between HOV/PPU lanes and changing interstates....oh well l....

That’s so odd. Elon portrayed it to be more for switching lanes where very little room was available between cars, not for passing when the leading car is a bit slow. Geeze Louise. I was excited that I might actually e able to use it during my morning commute transitioning between HOV/PPU lanes and changing interstates....oh well l....

Verygreen said it would squeeze into smaller gaps with ULC than ALC ever did. So might not be aggressive but it better gets the job done in urban traffic but he didn't really have dense urban areas to really test it.

It will only improve.

Did my daily commute and using mad max mode setting. I had to disengage EAP after my car came to a complete stop in a 5 lane transition when other lane were moving and my car was looking for an opening. I have never been able to use automatic lane changes in this portion of my commute before and as is still can't. IF EAP was as confident speeding up in stop and go traffic as it is drastically braking, then it could handle these lane changes much more confident. I haven't tried it without Mad Max mode yet but I think other posters are right and it just invokes more lane changes if traffic is slower, not more aggressive lane changes when necessary.