Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mad Max Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Autopilot has an actual ‘Mad Max’ mode in development build, says Elon Musk

It is an interesting point, as autonomous vehicles are very easy to bully. I lived near the Google-X campus in Mountain View from 2013-2015, and we had the early self driving Lexus prototypes all over our local streets. If you ever needed to get out into traffic, you knew it was safe to pull in front of one, as they would always yield..

you knew it was safe to pull in front of one, as they would always yield..

Another reason to say no to LIDAR, until it becomes more discrete.

car_left2.png

I had to dig up this thread cause I think I bullied a Model 3 today on the turnpike. :D

Was behind a Model 3 going 72mph for a few miles. I was on cruise a few lengths back. No other traffic around. Thought I'd see if the car was on AP with a set follow distance or not. Decided to experiment... passed in the left lane, dropped back to 72mph. Still keeping pace a couple car lengths ahead, moved back into right lane.

I was far enough ahead, where if I were the other vehicle using cruise control, I wouldn't have a need to adjust it. But I noticed that the Model 3 suddenly slowed down and then matched speed again. Must have had a long follow distance. Interesting to see in action.

• Funny
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad