Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maddie Goes Electric - YouTube series

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
Interesting YouTube series of videos by a woman from Birmingham, England. She looks to be a science writer, who is documenting her first EV lease. She is getting 100,000+ views per episode. The interesting thing is that these videos are primarily oriented toward people who have essentially zero knowledge of EV's to begin with. I found it interesting to see what level of detail she went into about things that we here do deep dives on, and how she presents the material to the audience. Interesting and nice break to see how the other 99.9% of the population might be introduced to the EV world.

Funny, they used the wrong connector at 16 minutes in, then left for 20 minutes. Came back and realized they didn't charge. Then on their way home the next day they hit a new charging network. At 19 minutes in, of course, the new network didn't accept payment, so entails several minutes of chatting with the 800 number. Then a miracle happens, and they get 40kW charging, which ends up taking more than an hour to get to 80%. :eek: Could be episode 6 is when they decide to trade the Kia in for a Tesla Model 3. Maybe we should do a GoFundMe for their new Tesla???

Best commercial ever for Tesla, unknowingly.

RT

So I know the content in these videos is a lot of what people on this forum already know. But I think the series will be great for "normals." You can point them to this and give them a taste of what it's like. It's pretty clear that she's all in on EVs now.