TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Made a video comparing MCU1 rendering updates

Discussion in 'Model S' started by viper2ko, May 9, 2018.

1. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Been requesting this video since I was stuck on 2018.12 for a while so I decided to make a video after getting a loaner that had 2018.18. This video shows the maps and you can see the difference when the map rotates. Really awesome update and now I don't think an upgrade to MCU2 is needed for me.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 2
  2. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Do you know if the loaner has MCU1 or 2?

If MCU1, could you do one with the satilite maps off? I’ve heard a few things that make me wonder if vector times have been turned on as well on the MCU. The main way to tell is to watch the behavior of the street names and POI names. If they stay basically horizontal and stationary while you rotate the map, they’ve turned on the vector tiles for MCU1 just like they did for all the MCU2 cars. Thanks!

3. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Loaner has MCU1.

4. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

Thanks for the video. I've been wanting to see it for a while too.

Of course since I'm still stuck on 2018.12...:rolleyes:

5. yamanote

yamanote Member

MCU1 on 2018.18. Map rotates smoother (but am coming from .10 so maybe similar to how it was on 14 or 16?) but they are definitely not vector maps. Street labels still need to retile before they are the correct orientation.