Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made deposit for 2 powerwalls - short wait time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a note, as I was having my Tesla panels installed, my sales person said he got the info I’ll be getting my (3) PWs in (next) January. Reserved (lol) them last March when we started the panel project.

So, if they are getting to California installs, great!

TrumpetDan, who did you go with for your install? Tesla Energy or a local installer?

I am also in Orange County and placed my deposit in past few months, so very interested in your progress.

Thanks!

I placed my order through Teslas website. I assume that means that Tesla Energy will install it. I also spoke with a 3rd party local Tesla approved installer, and he said they have prioritized all powerwall deliveries to the Telsa branded installers so they have not a clue when they will get any. I do not believe I will have the option of SGIP, which is ok with me. Though I would take it if it was offered, extended wait time for the PW, jumping through hoops, horrible repayment time and usage rules make it fine for me to not have it.

Tesla called me yesterday and I missed the phone call. I tried calling back about 15 minutes after the message and again a few hours later, but I could not seem to catch the rep. I called today and again no answer, but it was a direct line and not the general number so its fairly painless. His email asked a bunch of general questions which requested ASAP replies, which I replied back about 30 min after I got the email because I don't want to miss out. Still no reply yet.

I completed the site audit this morning where you submit a bunch of photos of your home and infrastructure. Their engineers review it and are apparently going to submit a quote via docusign. Additionally, they need a copy of your power bill and offer a way to give them access to your online billing. I have not lived in the home a month, so I have no prior usage...so should be interesting to see if that is a problem (Shouldnt be?).

Interesting to see if they give me the old price or the new price. I had the misfortune of placing my order the exact moment they updated the prices on their webpage. When I logged in and filled out the info it was one price, when i finished and refreshed it was another price!

Im kicking myself for missing the call!

Here are the questions, so you guys can have it all ready for your installs:

"SURVEY

-Address of Powerwall installation:

-Best phone number to reach you:

-Do you have internet?

-Do you belong to a Home Owners Association?

-Do you have a Solar Panel System?

-If so, what is the size of system in Kilowatts (NOT Kilowatt Hours)? You may want to partner with your solar provider if this is not readily available.

-Does your home have an existing Generator?

-Does your home have an existing Battery Back Up System?

-Do you prefer the Powerwall installed indoor or outdoor?

-Hidden or exposed conduit? (Conduit is the aluminum pipe that houses the wiring for the Powerwall. It can be hidden in the walls for an additional cost - $1,000 minimum)

-How many Powerwall’s?

If you have a solar array on your home, we will require specific system information.

Exactly what information will be determined by your specific utility

· System Size

· PTO(permission to Operate) Date

· Inverter Manufacturer

· Inverter Model

· Inverter Size

· Module Manufacturer

· Module Model

· Number of Modules

· Tilt

· Azimuth"

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
I'm also in Orange County, CA in the city of Irvine. I put in a reservation/$500 deposit for 2 Powerwalls in May 2018. I was called by Tesla Energy in early October that I have been selected to be part of a pilot program to expedite the installs of the Powerwalls. They sent a questionnaire and had me send them pictures of the electrical panel and area in the garage proposed for the installation as part of the home assessment. By mid October they then sent over a Docusign document to sign on the design and pricing. I was hit with the price increase as the price is only locked in after signing the contract, not when the reservation was made. In late October they pulled a permit with the city and so far I see on the activities with the permit that there have been numerous corrections on the submitted plan that were required by the city for Tesla Energy to take care of. My Tesla Energy advisor that is based in Las Vegas gave me an estimate of installation by end of this year but so far, still waiting for the city permit to be issued.

• Informative
Reactions: NuShrike
Update on my previous post. The city permit was issued around end of December 2018 and installation of my two Powerwalls is scheduled for next week. I'll post pictures after the installation is completed. So my timeline is from May 2018 (reservation placed) to January 2019 (Powerwall installation), 8 months.

• Informative
Reactions: NuShrike and Matt L
My two Powerwalls for whole house backup were installed this week . It took a crew of 3 and the entire day to complete the install. Here are some pictures.
20190110_204013.jpg
Screenshot_20190110-123539_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20190110-123607_Tesla.jpg
20190109_201349.jpg
20190109_200528.jpg
20190108_220900.jpg

Update on my previous post. The city permit was issued around end of December 2018 and installation of my two Powerwalls is scheduled for next week. I'll post pictures after the installation is completed. So my timeline is from May 2018 (reservation placed) to January 2019 (Powerwall installation), 8 months.
It's hilarious I'm in your area, reserved before (3/18 via 3rd party), and still haven't installed. Although, I'm told I will get installed in "weeks" now.

It's hilarious I'm in your area, reserved before (3/18 via 3rd party), and still haven't installed. Although, I'm told I will get installed in "weeks" now.
I ordered/reserved directly with Tesla in May 2018. Although with that, I missed out on the SGIP rebate as Tesla already maxed out on their allocation. But it looks like the SGIP rebate might still be available to 3rd party certified installers. Powerwall and California SGIP | Tesla Support

Reactions: NuShrike