Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made in America Tesla MY are pretty weak in comparison to international MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So by that token, buying a Ford made in Mexico is not supporting an American brand? You can’t have it both ways.

These are global companies. And any place that pays its floor workers $18 an hour is the same as a Starbucks to me. It’s not doing anything to serve the local community other than providing fancy cars for wealthy people made by under-paid workers. If Tesla closed up shop today, those workers would find equivalent paying gigs at…well…anywhere.
Hmmm, a choice between getting a product built by $18 an hour semi skilled labor, or semi skilled slave labor in China. I know what I would pick... I guess we know what choice you would make as well.

Keith

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and S3XY1138
Hmmm, a choice between getting a product built by $18 an hour semi skilled labor, or semi skilled slave labor in China. I know what I would pick... I guess we know what choice you would make as well.

Keith
Semi skilled slave labor? Workers at Tesla China make more than their US counterparts and also build superior vehicles according to all reviews I’ve seen.

What are you talking about?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
These are the reasons I'm thinking about canceling my order and delaying for a Texas car. The excuses people are giving for why US cars don't have these things are BS - the fact is they are selling out of MYs as is and see no reason to upgrade until they shift factories. Screw getting an antiquated Calincar that's substandard compared to MIC ones when a year later I can get an Austin one that's superior to the MIC ones.

Heck, they already upgraded the door trim on new US Model 3s... but not Model Y. They've neglected the car imo.

• Disagree
These are the reasons I'm thinking about canceling my order and delaying for a Texas car. The excuses people are giving for why US cars don't have these things are BS - the fact is they are selling out of MYs as is and see no reason to upgrade until they shift factories. Screw getting an antiquated Calincar that's substandard compared to MIC ones when a year later I can get an Austin one that's superior to the MIC ones.

Heck, they already upgraded the door trim on new US Model 3s... but not Model Y. They've neglected the car imo.
Hey….I had to read through all the other posts to finally get to yours that’s actually on what I posted about the first place. All this hype about Austin. I really hope the new MY has some amazing build quality. I’ve taken my m3 to service about 4 times to fix a squeaky steering wheel. All my doors make different noises when closing.

As far as all the other issues this post has rounded up…y’all have a good day. I personally don’t care where the car is made and the reality is…line workers anywhere don’t make a real living wage. With that said people will survive because they have to and will work crappy jobs because they have to. If you operate a business…a for profit business, you aren’t going to give exceptional wages, you’ll pay the minimum.

Are you saying the OP is racist because he thinks that life is better in the USA than in China? I thought it was a generally accepted fact.
No. Because he is saying people in China are “slaves” and doesn’t want to purchase a vehicle from there.

I clearly pointed out Chinese workers are treated and compensated far better than those in Fremont.

Likening that to “slavery” is nativist and racist. It also doesn’t make sense because, by extension, OP is suggesting that Tesla corporate condones slavery. But only in China. Which, again is BS.

No. Because he is saying people in China are “slaves” and doesn’t want to purchase a vehicle from there.

I clearly pointed out Chinese workers are treated and compensated far better than those in Fremont.

Likening that to “slavery” is nativist and racist. It also doesn’t make sense because, by extension, OP is suggesting that Tesla corporate condones slavery. But only in China. Which, again is BS.

Are you calling me a nativist? Hmmm, I thought I was a capitalist exploiter colonizer.

Keith

Then why aren’t Fremont workers “slaves”?

Who lives on 18/hr in Fremont? It’s not hypersensitivity.
Brown skinned immigrants make much less than that... but it is OK because they don't count on your radar. That area of the country has the absolute worst income differential between the top and bottom of society and is fastest on the trigger calling everyone else racist.

Keith

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not all Tesla owners are white. I know that can be hard to wrap your head around being from Texas and all.
I really don’t care, do u?
Brown skinned immigrants make much less than that... but it is OK because they don't count on your radar. That area of the country has the absolute worst income differential between the top and bottom of society and is fastest on the trigger calling everyone else racist.

Keith
Ever notice that those who use that term the most are often the least qualified to use it?

Yes, exploiting Chinees people for cheap products to sell to rich American's is incredibly racist. I am glad you are able to acknowledge your plantation owner status. The Tesla factory in Shanghai is a sweat shop, granted, it is not as bad as a cell phone manufacturer, but horrible by American standards.

Keith
You can look at pictures of Giga Shanghai online... they are everywhere. Its a highly advanced factory and in no way a sweatshop.

Nice try though.

• Disagree
Status
Not open for further replies.