Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rather than clicking disagree and have you wonder why, i tell you. i had same thing happen one time last year at a location in san jose ca. happened just once and no matter how i tried to bypass it by manual reset above 80, charging would not go higher and stop. i thought maybe a billing issue, but not it. unplug, move to other stall, same. manual change slider higher in car, charger ignored it and stopped. i went to another location and no problem manually bypassing to higher charge when after it tried to limit me. so now u hear 2 persons saying can not override.

wait i must be user error too cos even although i am a scientist, i must not know what i am talking about will cars since i am a woman ;-)
Hmm. Then explain a disagree to my innocuous post where you disagreed and didn't say why. I think the definition is "hypocrite."

Whether you're a "scientist" or not, hiding your profile is bush league.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
New member, scare story, disappears. Anyone calling BS on this?

Look, I apologise wholeheartedly if indeed this is a true story, some detail would be nice if it is true and If so, it’s all just part of the transport and delivery process. I am sure it would be resolved quickly for anyone in this unfortunate position.

The masses are different. Their car is just another car.
Hmm.. then shouldn't they just have the fob on them just like another car ? :rolleyes: :D

But those cars came with key fobs as the intended primary key, right? Otherwise every time a model s or x parks in a garage where lte access blocked, would become stranded. The phone in their case is the backup. But In any case your point is taken…it affected some people.
Exactly. Phone is supposed to be the backup. Low IQ folks forgot that and got complacent.

Selling my Model S plaid white exterior with black interior and 21 inch wheels, 250 miles and asking 145
Aren’t you the same person asking $142K in another thread where you are allegedly taking delivery next week?

What kind of scam are you running here?

Aren’t you the same person asking $142K in another thread where you are allegedly taking delivery next week?

What kind of scam are you running here?

Was just thinking the same. WTF?

• Funny
Reactions: impastu
Actually my order fee is only $100. If they cancel my order, and arbitration fails to make Tesla honor the contract, I will place a new one which will cost me $7,250 more, and once I take delivery I will have $7,250 of damages because they breached the original contract.

If you want to see precedent look in the Tesla Energy forum. Tesla didn't want to honor some of the Tesla Solar Roof contracts they had made, and because the people wouldn't accept a modified contract Tesla canceled their orders. They were taken to court and ended up reinstating the original contracts because they didn't have a valid cause to terminate them. I would assume Tesla uses the same internal lawyers between the automotive and energy sides, so they should be aware that they can't just terminate contracts/agreements.
Are you single and very lonely? Don’t you have better things to do than argue law with a bunch of Internet forum people you don’t even know?

Life is too short to waste time in court over your perception of being wronged.

If I ran Tesla and saw your posts I’d cancel your order and say, “Bring it on.”

I honestly can’t believe Tesla allows people to delay orders and keep their price. That’s really nuts. I can’t think of any other manufacturer that does that, can you?

I'm going to maybe go against the grain here, but if I were you, I would buy a Pacifica plug-in hybrid minivan and save a whole bunch of money in the process. If $70K to $80K feels like too much of a stretch, then the chances are that you were probably stretching a little bit to justify spending the $70k to begin with. No matter how bullish people are on Tesla or EVs, cars are still not a great place to spend a bunch of money on because you aren't going to recoup that. In addition to that, sliding doors on minivans are AMAZING and you will really appreciate it with having a baby and the ease with which you can transfer them in and out of car seats (not to mention getting them in and out in tight parking lots). I'm still driving around my 2008 Toyota Sienna because I absolutely love having a minivan with young kids and a dog and it's been an excellent car and even the Model Y (which I have on order) is never going to be as capable as the Minivan (which is why the MY will replace my sedan, not the minivan).

EVs are here to stay and their prices are going to continue to climb down. In 4-5 years, they will be a lot cheaper and probably also have much better range and you will also have a lot of other options in the market. I think the prudent and practical thing to do would be to look into getting a plug-in hybrid minivan like the Pacifica to tide you over at least for the next several years, and maybe when prices come down, you can switch to a full EV. I'm still going to hold out for an Electric Minivan before I get rid of my Sienna.

PS - It sucks, but I don't think you are going to have much luck trying to fight your case with Tesla, trying to get them to honor the original price on the RWD.
Wow, I don't think he needed your financial advice, especially on a public forum. I guess some people are just dicks by nature though.

Surprisingly, one thing you and I can both agree on. You must be having a field day exercising your faux outrage since discovering the internet.
Really? Faux? No, I'm genuinely irritated by people who think so highly of themselves and so little of others that they feel the need to provide financial advice to someone they know almost nothing about. The level of arrogance to do so is mind-blowing. For all we know this person simply had a no go price - is it so hard to just answer someone's questions without feeling the need to take it a step further?

Calling people at Tesla China “slaves” is some absolute racist BS.
Yes, exploiting Chinees people for cheap products to sell to rich American's is incredibly racist. I am glad you are able to acknowledge your plantation owner status. The Tesla factory in Shanghai is a sweat shop, granted, it is not as bad as a cell phone manufacturer, but horrible by American standards.

Keith

Last edited:
Really? Faux? No, I'm genuinely irritated by people who think so highly of themselves and so little of others that they feel the need to provide financial advice to someone they know almost nothing about. The level of arrogance to do so is mind-blowing. For all we know this person simply had a no go price - is it so hard to just answer someone's questions without feeling the need to take it a step further?
This is the last I'm going to respond on this seeing as you've been taking this off-topic from the get-go. Tact and politeness are concepts you seem unfamiliar with when communicating with others. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for and the OP took absolutely no offence to my post as evidenced by their response to me here:

If they were offended in any way and expressed it, I'd be happy to apologize to them. But I certainly don't owe you anything when you lack basic civility and manners and have the temerity to go on a rant about what is and isn't appropriate when communicating with others given your first post in this thread. 👋

Status
Not open for further replies.