Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made in China Model 3: Build Quality / Hardware Differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is there confirmation of the newer models having two reversing lights? And if so, are they effective? The single reversing light on my M3 is pretty useless as it doesn’t light up anything. It’ll still be useful to indicate to those behind me that I’m reversing, but it certainly doesn’t help light up where I’m going. Fortunately, the reversing camera night vision is actually pretty good!
Still on mine in the day :D Here's a bad Ring screenshot, as can't take a pic myself.
1634115836537.png

I did notice last night that I could see my drive better when reversing on, than in my last car.

Do I need to go and check to see what they've removed?! (driver lumbar still there ;-)

Reactions: Durzel
Earlier Model 3's owners would often mention the limited tilt available on the drivers side door mirror - it wouldn't tilt back far enough not to see an excessive amount of car bodywork when seated in some positions - you soon learn to lean forward for a better view.

I've not seen this mentioned for a while so presume this problem has quietly gone away on newer cars?

Maybe with the Chinese factory building a higher proportion of right hand drive cars than Fremont they have addressed the problem? It never seemed to be such a big problem for LHD cars although some wide angled mirror solutions did originate from LHD markets. Some speculation that it was down to the in mirror electronics taking up different amount of space between the two door mirrors that meant that one mirror had more swivel room than the other.

Still on mine in the day :D Here's a bad Ring screenshot, as can't take a pic myself.
View attachment 720899
I did notice last night that I could see my drive better when reversing on, than in my last car.

Do I need to go and check to see what they've removed?! (driver lumbar still there ;-)
It's passenger that got removed. No idea if it's been reinstated.

You're right - that's a terrible photo lol. Still, thanks for having a go :D

Would be interested to see an actual high quality photo of the new lights (with and without brake lights on) to compare.

Noticed the two reversing light on ours the other day when the mrs reversed in and forgot to google/investigate. Collected ours on September 30th 21. I do remember telling the Mrs that our other one (September 2020) has probably came from factory with a burnt light so Ill probably have to raise a ticket to get it sorted under warranty lol