TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Made order and will get delivery in one week

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by danielcwj, Sep 5, 2018.

1. danielcwj

danielcwj Member

Made a Order of white M3 on Monday 9/5, got call from Tesla today said it’s read for delivery. They even offer me 1 year free supercharging if I can make decision today and schedule the delivery at the weekend.
    I was kind shocked and confuse. Am I supposed to wait 2-4 months till delivery? Is it normal? Or they just want get rid off some M3 with issues?

• Disagree x 1
  2. SM18

SM18 Member

Pretty sure they're matching orders to cars that are already built. If there is a match, Tesla has no incentive to let that car continue sitting on a lot. Pretty sure they're eager to hit numbers before the quarter finishes too. I really doubt it has anything to do with vehicle quality.

3. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

That is pretty amazing especially with the 1 Year of supercharging. Not a bad deal.

4. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Let me guess. RWD?

5. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

If you’re RWD, not surprised they had inventory to match you too. If they offered you some free Supercharging, that’s not something I’ve seen before (make sure you have that in writing!)

6. Dinozero

Dinozero Member

Them offering free supercharger for a year is huge. They’ve never done that.

7. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical about the free supercharging but they are really trying to pull all the levers this quarter.

8. smsiegel33

smsiegel33 Member

Just for reference, Q3 probably ended over the weekend. I’m assuming the follow the standard business quarters. Don’t see any need to push anything at the beginning of Q4.

• Disagree x 4
  9. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

What!?!? Free supercharging for a year!?!?? That’s not fair. I want that too

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. USF_GRL

USF_GRL New Member

I ordered my Model 3 RWD on 8/26; Tesla called on 8/27 stating they had one ready; I was expecting the 2-4 months when I ordered. Picking up my car tomorrow. No supercharging or other incentives were offered.

• Like x 1
  11. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Tesla follows a standard fiscal year, so their current quarter ends 9/30 and year end is 12/31.

They also don’t release sales data monthly, so not sure why they’re incenting people to to deliver by 8/31. They will release sales data by month when they release quarter end results, so maybe they just want August to look good independent of September which will likely be their best ever.

• Like x 6
  12. Ormond

Ormond Member

I hope your delivery goes smoothly. Drive your new a Tesla in good health!

13. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

I'm trying to understand why they'd offer you a year of free super charging when you already made the order? Were you hesitating because you didn't expect the vehicle so quickly?

14. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I don’t think anyone’s Q3 ends at the end of August?

• Like x 2
  15. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Something smells wrong about the "year of free supercharging" from a new TMC member with just one post.

• Like x 7
  16. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Thank you for saying what I was thinking lol.

• Like x 1
  17. frank69

frank69 Member

Not to scare you, but maybe it's one they reconditioned after someone rejected it?

What's the last few number of the VIN

18. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I agree, something doesn’t add up here.

19. Benihect

Benihect Member

Hmmm Q3 isn’t over till end of Sept.

• Like x 1
  20. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Not surprised (if your order is RWD). They ended up with too many RWD because way more people wanted AWD than anticipated. Get everything in writing on paper, get your own copies of all the paperwork (do not trust them to keep the records, they're terribly disorganized), and don't pay them until you've inspected the car, but other than that, go for it.