Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made Some LED Tesla Logos for my Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220306_141438.jpg

My nephew has a CNC table and I just had to put it to good use. For me – haha. At first I was just going to cut out a couple of Tesla logos and the TESLA letters, paint and stick them to my garage cabinets, but then decided to get a little more creative.

I ended up getting some multi-color LEDs and stuck them to the backs. It wasn’t 100% straightforward, but not too bad. The first issue was that the LEDs are spaced too far apart to make that nice even glow behind anything raised so I folded the ribbons up to close the gaps. The wiring is not complicated but you need a soldering iron and know how to use it. They turned out pretty cool and I even hooked them up to Alexa.

For now I’m not putting the letters up, but still a little undecided…

Now I’m trying to figure out what to make next.

Check out this video for more:

View attachment 780201
My nephew has a CNC table and I just had to put it to good use. For me – haha. At first I was just going to cut out a couple of Tesla logos and the TESLA letters, paint and stick them to my garage cabinets, but then decided to get a little more creative.

I ended up getting some multi-color LEDs and stuck them to the backs. It wasn’t 100% straightforward, but not too bad. The first issue was that the LEDs are spaced too far apart to make that nice even glow behind anything raised so I folded the ribbons up to close the gaps. The wiring is not complicated but you need a soldering iron and know how to use it. They turned out pretty cool and I even hooked them up to Alexa.

Very cool! Tempted to try this for myself...

Reactions: mmyers300
View attachment 780201

Sweet, Look sharp I like them ... great idea !!!

Reactions: mmyers300