TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Made some logos to replace the 3DMaxPider ones

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Mysta, May 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM.

1. Mysta

Mysta Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  2. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Nice! How'd you make these? You could probably sell a bunch of them if they're easy to install.

3. Studknckl

Studknckl Member

I would be interested in a set. I took a sharpie to mine but getting rid of their logo altogether would be preferable.

4. Mysta

Mysta Member

I did actually! But don't think I'm allowed to sell them on here. Got some all black ones coming in too for more subtle premium look.

5. super20g

super20g Member

Can you tell us where you are selling them? eBay?

6. Mysta

Mysta Member

They're super easy, they're just like heavy duty pins basically. The only catch is in the frunk if you don't put the OEM mat under it(I think most do to prevent sliding) then it will be against the plastic so I may need to make some kinda material to put behind it in those cases.

Other than that my 'waterproof' method is, pry old off from back(screwdriver), fill holes with a touch of silicon adhesive, and then stick them in!

7. ATLCLS

ATLCLS Member

I’d love some as well

8. Mysta

Mysta Member

They're on Etsy, trying to reach out to see what I need to be able to link it!

9. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Sweet! Bought some. I won’t link because I don’t know the rules, but when I searched “tesla maxpider” on Etsy it was the only result.

10. Anthonp

Anthonp Member

Any word on when the black ones will be coming in or a picture of how they will look on the mats? Trying to debate white to get the black/white or wait for black/black! Found them on etsy also.

11. super20g

super20g Member

Interested in seeing the back side of the mat with an installed pin.

12. Mysta

Mysta Member

Will have some pics shortly.

I'll see if I can get something for you.

13. Moze1021

Moze1021 Member

I'm actually interested in seeing the back side of the pins.

Great idea! They look awesome.

I don't know how these are made or how having different colors would impact your margins...I know you probably don't want too many SKUs.. but something like gunmetal or silver lettering on black might be cool too

14. powaking

powaking Member

Is it safe to assume these will work with Model S Maxpider mats? Don't see why not but figure I would ask first.

15. Mysta

Mysta Member

I imagine so but I don't have measurements on holes. The 'indents' usually pop out in a week or so in the model 3, if you want to test them I can give you a discount.

16. powaking

powaking Member

I don't have the mats yet but when I do I can make a quick measurements of the holes and let you know and can go from there.

17. Mysta

Mysta Member

Nothing special, just double pins, working on a screw solution as well but honestly these are holding up great. I've stepped on them and everything, purposefully giving them a rough life.

I could see about doing something like that(Colored letters on black)

18. Moze1021

Moze1021 Member

Just for clarification:

Stock mat only under the frunk... front and back floor mats are OK without.

So these are just pins that kind of straddle the current hole and just stick into the mats, making 2 "pin" holes to stick them in? Is that right?

An install video would be awesome

19. Mysta

Mysta Member

Correct and correct. I'll see about making one, it really is as easy as it sounds though. The only exception being if you want to use silicon to fill the existing holes to make it stay 'waterproof' (definitely leaked before but doesn't with silicon)

• Like x 1
  20. Anthonp

Anthonp Member

Great thanks! Will probably order the black/black combo.