Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mag Wheel Repair - Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a wheel fixed last week for some gutter rash. Very impressed with the result, the amount of effort they go through for the job and it only cost me $139 and they come to you.

Dealt with Jordan, very professional, no-nonsense type bloke. Just thought it would be a good heads up for others looking at something similar. Alloy Wheel Repair | Onsite Alloy Wheel Repairs from $99 +GST (no financial interest in them, yadda, yadda)

magrepair.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: 100KWH and Tension
That is impressive for a service that comes to you. As another data point for others, I used these guys http://www.wheelwhizard.com.au and was very happy, but they are more expensive.

Edited to add..I haven’t seen an X *without* kerbed rear wheels except in the showroom. My only criticism of the car..it’s just too damn wide.
I rented one in London.
There are road with a 6'6" width restriction, which is literally an inch narrower than the car. You physically cannot get down them.
These roads have a warning symbol (>6'6"<), but it means you can't trust the navigation.
Agreed it is too wide!

Got some rim rashes of my own so this thread came in handy! Though my friend once told me to just wait until I accumulated some more and then get them fixed in one go :D:rolleyes:

Sage words. The problem is when you look at the rims they protrude out further than the rubber so unlike most cars where you get a bit of 'grace' as the rubber hits first, in these it's the other way around.

Sage words. The problem is when you look at the rims they protrude out further than the rubber so unlike most cars where you get a bit of 'grace' as the rubber hits first, in these it's the other way around.

I realised this way later as well - I thought surely my driving didn't deteriorate after getting a Tesla? Well that, and that it's much larger than a Corolla...