Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Magnet for center console glove box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Greeney

2023 MSP Black/Black/Yoke
Apr 5, 2013
WPB Florida
Tesla just replaced my center console due to the sliding mechanism failing…

This said I’ve clearly received a newer part number than what had originally came on my car. I noticed the cup holders have little rubber nubs in them now.

I did notice though there seems to be a lack of magnets holding the glove box down. Is this consistent with newer builds or is the new console an issue?

Tesla just replaced my center console due to the sliding mechanism failing…

This said I’ve clearly received a newer part number than what had originally came on my car. I noticed the cup holders have little rubber nubs in them now.

I did notice though there seems to be a lack of magnets holding the glove box down. Is this consistent with newer builds or is the new console an issue?
I have a very new build, and would be happy to check, but I have no idea what you mean by “holding the glove box down“.

My March build has the updated cup holders and the magnets.

Although I mentioned on a thread that when I added an insert to mine that increased the gap SLIGHTLY, the magnets no longer worked and someone else mentioned they did not have that issue... So I wonder if they decreased the magnet strength or # of magnets at some point?

My March build has the updated cup holders and the magnets.

Although I mentioned on a thread that when I added an insert to mine that increased the gap SLIGHTLY, the magnets no longer worked and someone else mentioned they did not have that issue... So I wonder if they decreased the magnet strength or # of magnets at some point?
That’s what I’m trying to figure out… I put in a service ticket just in case, but we shall see.

At least the lights work the way they’re supposed to.