TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maidstone SuC - status?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by pdk42, Dec 31, 2019.

1. pdk42

pdk42 Member

Anyone know if the Maidstone SuC is operational? I fed it into the car nav this morning and it came up with "Out of Service". Nothing on-line mentions this. Is this just a glitch, or is it really out of action?

2. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

Yesterday there was one stall not working, and the nav showed reduced service. Maybe it’s being repaired at the moment.

3. pdk42

pdk42 Member

Thanks.

4. Derek25

Derek25 Member

The Ionity rapids at Maidstone services are a decent alternative if you have a Model 3 or CCS adapter.

5. mikeh2020

mikeh2020 New Member

What MAX kW should the Model 3 take from the Ionity rapids if they are working correctly?

6. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

About 190kW @ < 40% SoC, with a suitably pre-warmed LR/Perf

7. tess19

tess19 Member

Do you simply need the ionity app or do you have to open an account to use?

8. pdk42

pdk42 Member

I used Ionity in Germany last week. I needed to install the app and register an account. It didn't take long, but it was not as simple setting up as I'd hoped.

9. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Yeah. You need an account through the app or one of the compatible RFID cards

the app is just crap enough to be rather annoying too.

each charge is a fixed price £8 irrespective of the energy you get, so don’t use it for a quick 10kWh topup.

I used their chargers at Milton Keynes, and a nice chap in an iPace pulled in as I was nearing the end of my charge. As I was an expert by then (I’d used it once, 30 mins earlier ;) ) I offered to start his charge on my account to avoid the hassle, and he paid me the £8 cash :)

10. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

That's brilliant! It would be a hilarious turnaround for future ev charging to be managed by some guy sitting on a deckchair beside the stalls and taking the cash! Mind you ... at least it would work! Humans are great at this "smart" stuff.

• Funny x 1