Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main and Dash Screen Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp,

I finally got hosed and everything was perfect. Came out this morning and both screens are black, car operational otherwise. Tried all the reset options and I can see it resetting, so can Tesla roadside. However, no screens. They have a team coming in soon who according to roadside can connect to the vehicle if that doesn’t work he said it’s likely the MCU and both screen won’t work. Worst part I’m 400 miles from home and it’s not charging either. Any suggestions on reset options I’m not thinking of?

I had the same thing happen to me twice. Tesla is not sure why. What helped me both times is to get out of the car, lock it, and walk away for a few minutes. 5-10 minutes works. Then, when you get back in, there's a 90% chance your car will just be normal and screens will be on.

I took a drive today that was about 75 miles each way. On my way there auto pilot was engaged and everything went normally. On my way back, auto pilot was engaged along with navigation, and twice, my dash display suddenly displayed that the car was off and then went black, followed by the main display also going black. The car continued to drive fine, even remained in auto pilot, and the screen eventually came back, but this is the first time something like this has happened. This is on a 2018 Model X P100D