TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Main Model X page 70D option missing

Discussion in 'Model X' started by EV Family, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

IF there was a software update to unlock 10kw, it will be a $5k update, not 3k.

2. Nick123

Nick123 Member

does it mean that we get reimburse for $3k paid for 6 seat config ?

3. timf

timf Active Member

#23 timf, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    No one said anything about the price going down. The base price would just be that much higher.

Meanwhile, I've gone on record in the Model X Subsite Updates thread that I think this whole thing is a mistake and they accidentally posted an old version of the page. No need to panic.

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Same thing happened with the Canadian Model-X site. 4 months ago they switched from having everything listed in miles to metric kilometers (Canada went metric decades ago). The Model-X site has again switched back to miles, so I suspect they have temporarily reverted back to an older version.

5. daroon

daroon Member

the Model X configurator has always had a 5-seat option and a 70D option as far as I know. This does not seem likely to be an accidental reversion. Besides, where's the excitement in that possibility?

6. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

#26 EcoHeliGuy, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Any 90D owner just has to crawl under and check the label on the pack. Part number will show 90 as that's what's installed. Now cars after this weekend? That could be a different story. At any point they could start releasing battery upgrades but the pack label will tell.

Signature owners just got first in line and special paint, nothing more. Founders cars on the other hand are special and could get upgrades. Nothing really special about a sig.

When they went to a 70D, they stated that cars coming off the line have the pack, not that cars already delieved had the pack.

7. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Could this be the reason no VIN's were assigned since the 14th? I changed my order to a 90D on the 11th yet I am still waiting for a VIN

8. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

So, we know that there is no more room in the pack, 85kwh was full, 90 was a chemistry change and 100 must be as well.

Is anybody concerned that the larger capacity battery might have longevity issues? I know that there was some concern from those who received early 90kwh batteries about range loss early on.

9. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

Nope

10. R.S

R.S Active Member

I am pretty sure the upcoming event won't be just the Model 3. There is too much evidence for some change, concerning the S/X, that it won't be unmentioned at the M3 reveal.

Some have speculated that there will be a Model S mid cycle refresh later this year, wehere they introduce the 100kWh battery along with a capacity increase for the smaller battery option, but why would they include the P100D logo in the current software and why would they pull the 70 from the official X page?

Those are too minor changes to be done long before they are even needed. I guess that we will see a battery upgrade and possibly those few X owners that wanted the best might even be able to retrofit the pack into their cars, but when the Ds and the Autopilot came out, the former customers hat to swallow it too. Tesla can't just stop their own progress, because they might hurt feelings. There will be price increases, but there will still be people whining that the new P100DL might be faster than their P90DL, you can't change that.

11. wang5150

wang5150 Member

70 option is now back on TeslaMotors.com site as of 9:35 AM PDT.

• Informative x 1
  12. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

So much for that rumor/speculation

13. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Now that 70 is back, it is just 90 and 70, not 90D and 70D. P90D still has the D. I wonder if part of the April Model S price increase will be dropping the rear wheel drive 70?

14. Oloron

Oloron Member

Also, for whatever reason the 5-seat option was not put back. Looks like someone realized the site was screwed up and tried to do a quick fix. Whether the site getting messed up in the first place was purely a mistake or an indication of actual changes is anyone's guess.

15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

Nothing to see here ... please move along.

16. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

What about a 70 front wheel drive only, with five seats and maximum load capacity?

17. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

i do think they are going to release a S updated front bumper.

18. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

This is my guess as well. They can't really leave the "P100D" issue hanging. They have to address it in some way.

And if the Model 3 comes out with the X nose, then people are obviously going to look at the S and ask "when?".

Finally, the 3 has been done new from the ground up, and so will address some of the clear shortcomings in the S and it will introduce some new things. It will be tough for Tesla to support the premium on the S/X if it's inferior to the 3 in some respects. I expect that we will see some new features being introduced into the S, and potentially even the X.

19. loganintx

loganintx Member

• Like x 1
  20. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

They weren't ready to show their cards