Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this happen this morning as well. 7 or 8 reboots in a 30min drive. No issues with driving while it was happening (TACC and Autopilot both had no problems during the reboot).

The fun part was when the screen went blank right when I started backing into a parking space... :(

Wow, I thought it was just me. On my 10 minute commute this morning, it probably happened 6 times or so. I couldn't get a video recording, but I did manage to take a picture of it.

Experiencing the rolling reboots on v8.0 (2.36.108). I've been on this firmware for over 2 weeks, and this morning was the first time it happened.

IMG_1709.JPG

Just experienced the same thing this morning. We've had v.8 for about a week or so, but this is the first time it has happened. I did notice that every time it rebooted it tried to connect to my phone's music app (Samsung S5) which I don't use. Don't know if this makes a difference.

Just experienced the same thing this morning. We've had v.8 for about a week or so, but this is the first time it has happened. I did notice that every time it rebooted it tried to connect to my phone's music app (Samsung S5) which I don't use. Don't know if this makes a difference.
It's definitely related to music. It only happens when I'm streaming Spotify through my iPhone 7 via BT.

Add me to the list - rebooted every 3-4 minutes on my 30 minute commute this morning. Kept cutting off my bluetooth mid phone call - very irritating!

Looks like everyone else is bombarding Tesla with the issue so I'll just keep up here and hope for a fix soon.

Yup, started happening to me this morning. Can't claim 7 times in 35 minutes, because I didn't measure. I have to settle for, "while driving around for about 20 minutes, the damned thing was rebooting seemingly every couple of minutes".

Seemed to happen while "music" was playing (slacker, streaming some comedy recordings) but also while "music" was paused. (I've never found an "off" button for the media subsystem, and I still find that off-putting.)

Alan

P.S. I'm on 8.whatever.

+1. I timed it a few times and it was around every three minutes - ranging from 2:50 to 3:20 or so. On hold with Tesla for 40 mins so far, so probably pretty widespread. Could not reach local service center either.