Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It started around 7:30AM Pacific for me and stopped around 9:10AM Pacific for me. I was driving during that entire time, with it rebooting just under every 3 minutes. I had no reboots up until about 9:30AM Pacific when I parked.

Now that I'm in the office, I can no longer monitor it, but it looks like it got resolved, for me at least.

Had the reboot problem today for the first time since getting version 8 about 10 days ago. First reboot was as I was driving, near the end of my trip. I just parked the car, went into the house. About 15 minutes later, I went back out to the car. I wanted to read something in the Owner's Manual. Screen rebooted just about as soon as I got into the car, and then 3 more times in about 10 minutes. I called Tesla technical support about it and was put on hold. Finished my reading, went back into the house.
After being on hold for over 50 minutes, Tesla picked up. They said the issue causing these reboots was not directly related to version 8 and "has been resolved." So, I guess we will see if he was correct.

My car rebooted several times as well. I called Tesla tech support about an hour ago, was on hold for 50+ minutes. When the tech came on, it said the issue was known, and "has been resolved." It said it was not directly related to version 8 but did not say what it was related to. I have not been back in my car so I do not know if in fact it has been resolved as claimed.

Same here. 6 restarts. Now I have a border around my rear view camera dashboard view. Anyone else get the new border?

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 68
Was rebooting during my lunch drive.

The is the second time since the 8.0 release that a large number of vehicles have simultaneously had these "reboot" episodes. Last time, it was a server side fix. But damn, two "mothership" issues affecting the entire fleet in a month, that's not good.

I had the same issue. I spoke with tech support after a 55 minute wait. It was a broad issues, that Tesla claims in now fixed. I have no idea how something over the network was causing all our cars to crash, but apparently it is something they were able to fix over the air. I wonder if someone tried to hack the network?

Went for lunch today...6 minute drive, 3 reboots. I'm glad to see it isn't just my car glitching out, but holy hell, this problem is over 2 weeks old. They should have a fix for it by now, or at least know what caused it the first time around.

I've noticed that 8.0 is a glitchy mess in general. One time, I got in my car, and once my phone paired with the BT in the car, the car automatically initiated a call to my own cell phone. The screen on the phone did not show this call, and pressing "end call" on the Tesla screen did nothing. I rebooted once, and it happened again. Then I turned BT off on the phone and rebooted the Tesla, and that fixed it. It was pretty embarrassing since I was giving a test ride to a college buddy at the time.

I have also noticed many times when I get in the car, and have the radio tuned to a local FM station, I hear the car changing channels between stations broadcasting static before it finally locks in to the station I have it tuned to.

Did anybody test this stuff before they deployed it?

I've upgraded to 8.0 and it's been working fine but today my center screen (Nav, Media Player, etc..) has rebooted 3x now with no input from me. Does the reboot just as if I was holding down the scroll wheels.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas on how to remedy?

Yep, happened to me twice on the drive to work today (v8). I had muted the audio and rolled the passenger side window down to talk to someone who was asking about the car at a traffic light. When I tried to roll the window back up it didn't respond right away and then the audio would not un-mute. Nav (not active) and radio were on-screen at the time.

Screen rebooted and when it came back up the audio still would not un-mute. Screen rebooted by itself a 2nd time but the audio would still not un-mute.

When I got to work, I put the car in park and was going to try to reboot both systems, but, the audio un-muted itself right after the car was placed in park.

Last edited: