TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Main Street Motors in Texas

Discussion in 'Model X' started by irvineboy, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

has anyone ever heard of this dealership? Are they legit? They have two 2016 model X priced at $85,000 for the white one and $89,000 for the silver one. Both are performance models. Sounds a little too good to be true. Have prices fallen that much?

2. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a Tesla dealership. It has stores (or "galleries" in Texas). Don't buy a Tesla from a used car dealer-- you have no idea what you're buying.

4. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

Ok the carfax says buyback lemon law. So what's the difference between lemon and salvage?

5. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

NOT MUCH... Both are FUBAR.

Seriously

6. voltaren

voltaren Member

Very different and they're not FUBAR.

Salvage means it was wrecked, stolen, flooded and the insurance company Declared a car a total loss. I bought a salvage car once. It was stolen from a valet stand and found a month later in a parking garage. Zero damage and I suspect it was insurance fraud. Had a "rebuilt" title because of this.

Lemon law means there were persistent issues with the car, and the manufacturer had to buy it back... the issues are typically related to safety (e.g. seatbelt malfunction). Some states have easier buyback laws, and people abuse them to get out of a lease or dump a high depreciating car... like a performance Tesla.

7. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

Are the performance MX considered high depreciating?

I wouldn't mind picking one up even if it means it's not fully automated AP2. I don't care about it being able to read freeway signs. As long as it can auto brake and stay within lanes and semi auto drive, that is enough for me.

8. voltaren

voltaren Member

$30-50k in a year is pretty bad. Makes zero sense to buy a performance new.

Now a MS or MX 75D... not much depreciation at all.